Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The X10Hub (PiX10Hub) is here! Created by the Community, for the Community.:)% #:)

Author Topic: Support for Broadlink RM interfaces .  (Read 2118 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 265
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
    • Tuicemen Software
Support for Broadlink RM interfaces .
« on: January 08, 2019, 08:22:18 AM »

These inexpesvive IR/RF learning/sending units do any X10 RF even security codes.
It would be awesome to have the ability to send commands from HG with one of these. The learn ability isnt required as you can learn codes from the app however that definately woul be a plus.
I currently use one with HA-Bridge and it works well however that requires an extra server which slows down a pi Zero W.
The amount of devices this can possibly control is stagering however support for the ability to send even a few codes would be benificial for anyone looking to control their X10 security console.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 08:26:46 AM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Find extra info @ My forum

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 174
Re: Support for Broadlink RM interfaces .
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2019, 07:00:27 PM »

These inexpesvive IR/RF learning/sending units do any X10 RF even security codes...…
.………. The amount of devices this can possibly control is stagering however support for the ability to send even a few codes would be benificial for anyone looking to control their X10 security console.

It was you that had posted here about those originally... I believe. #:)  Admittedly.... I've never added any X10 to my Broadlink RM Pro (I use mine to control the TV) . But these should maybe even be offered at the X10.com Web Site.... as a quick easy way to get longtime X10ers on-line with Alexa and/or Google.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 07:02:20 PM by HA Dave »
New ideas for marketing Smarthomes may alter the Home Automation world completely.... and forever.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Tuicemen Software
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 08:15:26 AM »

It wasn't me who originally posted about these cool gadgets I just maybe posted more on the possible uses.
I doubt X10 users would be happy with these as a X10 controller and that is what would happen if X10 were to carry them. also the price would jump.
These are not the easiest to setup RF on for many computer challenged users and not all frequencies are controllable. RF control may have been what got them in hot water in Europe  :o ::) :'  Thoses issues apear to be getting worked out now.
https://vn-my.com/watchvideo/how-broadlink-were-almost-ruined-eWMiShhQL5s.html
Newer models apparently have a wider frequency learning range now and there are some new devices in the works from them for 2019. :)%

Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

HA Dave

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2019, 11:23:54 AM »

These are not the easiest to setup RF .

Sounds like they'd fit right in with X10.  rofl  I may have to figure out a plan to try to move a couple X10 devices to the RM.
New ideas for marketing Smarthomes may alter the Home Automation world completely.... and forever.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Tuicemen Software
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2019, 11:50:42 AM »

These are not the easiest to setup RF .

Sounds like they'd fit right in with X10.  rofl  I may have to figure out a plan to try to move a couple X10 devices to the RM.
just remember these only send RF and a transceiver is needed to put the commands on the power line unless the devices are strictly RF.
You'll not see any X10 RF sent to the Broadlink other then the device itself power cycling.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

HA Dave

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2019, 12:02:01 PM »

just remember these only send RF and a transceiver is needed to put the commands on the power line unless the devices are strictly RF.

I currently have a (standalone) CM15A set to transceive. I would guess most X10 users have a CM15A running timers and limited macros. But I also have a handful of transceivers too.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Tuicemen Software
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2019, 12:51:23 PM »

I currently have a (standalone) CM15A set to transceive. I would guess most X10 users have a CM15A running timers and limited macros. But I also have a handful of transceivers too.
I have no doubt many long time users have a transceiver or two laying arround. However many may be expecting this to be 2way and a transceiver which it isn't. I don't wish to mislead anyone into thinking this is going to replace their existing setup.
It will as you stated add Alexa control of your X10 devices if you wish to spend the time teaching it the devices you wish to control via Alexa.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

HA Dave

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2019, 06:11:05 PM »

How strong is it's RF signal? Would a transceiver need to be in the same room? or could a transceiver/CM15A be placed somewhere out of the way?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Tuicemen Software
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2019, 06:33:03 PM »

I get good range but I've always had good luck with RF here. I have mine in my living room to control the TV and such my cm15 is the other end of the house maybe 30 ft away I've tested with a Security console in the same location (distance) successfully as well. However we have seen users report poor RF from devices we have no issue with so results will varry. ::) :'
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 01:03:22 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Tuicemen Software
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2019, 10:36:41 AM »

Since I realy wish this to become a option in HomeGenie  I've been playing with some code on my PiX10Hub.
Most of the code I've found is either in Java or python both of which I know little or nothing about.
Today I had some success sending a command in the terminal to discover my Broadlink. This reported back info on the Broadlink device which is required to send and learn commands.
I also posted my progress on the HG GitHub Issues pages ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Tuicemen Software
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2019, 05:44:25 PM »

Update:
I now have a module created in HG which will send the python terminal code to the Broadlink for arming and disarming my X10 security console.
This is at least going to allow me to stop using ha-bridge.
The response time is a good bit slower then using Ha-bridge currently but I can live with that for security arm and disarms.
Passing the commands directly to the Broadlink instead of using a command line option would speed things up.
Currently the way I'm doing this is a bit dirty however I hope to make this easy for others eventually to use with their setups.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Tuicemen Software
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2019, 07:27:49 AM »

New Update:
I have the program auto discovering a broadlink supported RM sending device but I'm only able to test the RM Pro. The program checks for the Broadlink device on each HG service start so that should address any issues with the broadlink IP change.However if one sets up IP reservation in your router that also would solve the IP issue. I've been able to send both standard X10 and security RF codes so far. I've not yet attempted IR codes for my Entertainment devices as I currently already have these controled with the broadlink apps and Alexa so I don't  exspect to need that. However I will test these so I can have the option. This currently uses a generic light or switch widget. It is possible to send dim brighten commands but I'm not planing to add that. For those following this I do intend on posting the program once Ive fully tested it.
>!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.