Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: X-10 ms16 motion sensors added to Home genie  (Read 15854 times)

paizano1

• Helpful Post Rating: 13
X-10 ms16 motion sensors added to Home genie
« on: January 26, 2019, 06:56:23 PM »

I am not sure where to post this. Is there a way or is it already done. I would like to add ms16 motion sensors to home genie to use with pix10hub.
I currently have a broadlink, and now a pi and also a smartthings hub running things for me.
I have a sylvania motion senor that when triggered it sends a signal to the hub which triggers the broadlink and sends a rf signal to turn on a light switch the is rf enabled.
I would like the use the 20 plus ms16 sensors i have to do the same thing and not have to keep buying other brands.
Also i am trying to get away from the cm15. Even though for many years it has been dependable I am experiencing more faults.

Thanks in advance for any help

bkenobi

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 24
Re: X-10 ms16 motion sensors added to Home genie
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2019, 04:32:20 AM »

I set mine up as sensors.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2019, 09:08:32 AM »

I stopped using ms16 motion sensors years ago and moved to the security ones as I found them more reliable so I'm just guessing here.
HG needs to see the RF from the sensor so it can add it to a list of devices capable of being added to a group.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

bkenobi

• PI Expert
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2019, 12:03:03 PM »

I'm not sure why this is a problem.  In my setup, I simply add a module for the X10 address that the MS16A is reporting on.  I then change the module type to sensor.  Once they are a module, you can trigger off of them or use them in any other way you choose.  Perhaps you could explain where you are having an issue?

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2019, 12:48:42 PM »

Using MS13 sensors here (similar to MS16). As Bkenobi states just set the HG module as a sensor  using a house code in HG that matches your sensor house code and it reports straight to HG on trigger.

No need for 3rd party intervention like a Broadlink to pass the RF trigger from the sensor to HG either. You'll see the raw rf signal flash up on the HG screen on trigger.

Fairly simple thing to do and you get to exploit all those MS16 sensors you have lying about.

paizano1

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2019, 08:57:12 PM »

Thanks for all the replies, the reason for the rm pro is because i have some light switches that work on 433mhz. I have the rm pro programmed with those remote signals. So now I would like to use a ms16 to trigger and cause the rm pro to send the command to turnon the light.

Using alexa routines is hard because it doesnt recognize it as a sensor, so it cant be used as a trigger device. And in my smartthings hub it sets it up and looks like it is triggering but nothing ever happens with the light.

I am still trying different things with what has been posted. I am sure there is just something simple that i am missing.

Thank you
Paizano

bkenobi

• PI Expert
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2019, 12:49:43 AM »

There are a few RF receivers that can interpret X10 commands. I don't know if the RM Pro works with your X10 modules as it depends on where you are located (US, Europe) and what the module sees.  In the US, X10 RF is 310MHz and most of the RF receiver controllers are 433MHz.

paizano1

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2019, 08:35:56 AM »

In alexa for motion to be used in a routine it has to be a motion sensor, I can get it to register from the ha bridge as a switch, but that won't allow selection as a trigger in the routine.

In smartthings I am having trouble getting it to pick up the sensor from ha bridge or HG. I did get it to detect A1 on/off as a switch at one point but when i triggered the motion sensor nothing happened to the light i had wanted to be turned on. Now if I triggered it from the app on my phone for smartthings then the light came on. So for some reason getting the rf signal from the motion sensor to go thru the PI and then either the ha bridge or the HG and then to the smartthings hub is where i have the problem .

I live in US and my rm pro records all the mhz just fine. from about 300-500mhz.

bkenobi: I noticed in the post you sent that the second line of the sensor choice it shows mqtt. I enabled that in HG but didnt understand where or how to add my LAN settings and stuff. Any further help or direction where to find it would be fantastic.

Thank you again to everybody taking the time to read and try and help a fellow member make a smart house.

paizano

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2019, 09:05:33 AM »

I've been able to trigger Broadlink RF sending from events in HG which is what I think your attempting to do with your X10 RF.

The PiX10Hub HG has a program for HA-Bridge this allows HG to trigger things configured in HA-Bridge which HG can't currently control like the Broadlink. Since your Broadlink is already configured in HA-Bridge to trigger the broadlink to send RF you use the device ID asigned in HA-Bridge as the ID in HGs HA-Bridge program. Once you have that working you just create a macro so the MS16 signal sends the HA-Bridge broadlink trigger.

HA-Bridge isn't two way it only recieves on/off/dim info from Alexa it can't (currently) send that info to Alexa. that is the reason you can't use it as a trigger in Alexa routines. Since the HG echo Bridge is based upon HA-Bridge I doubt it can send that info to Alexa either.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

paizano1

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2019, 09:15:57 AM »

That makes total sense, thank you. I did try and enable with a check mark the ha bridge in HG. it then said to go to options and input my settings. I didnt understand that totally. Do I select the program tab and then in the coding change the spots in "myaddress.." " port" to my settings of the RM, or to the HA bridge port :8080

The coding is where i am lost. I am still searching online and the forums so i dont need to bother others but It is a learning process for the elderly.

Paizano

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2019, 09:40:29 AM »

In the HG HA-Bridge Program settings you need to put in the address and port of HA-Bridge as well if HA-Bridge security is enabled you need to add that. To do that go to configure/settings  and scroll down to HA-Bridge open and click options.
You may have to open and edit the program to allow more devices depending on what ID the broadlink on/off send is set at.
By default it is set only to 5 if your Brodlink id is higher you need to increase to at least that number
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

bkenobi

• PI Expert
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2019, 10:05:32 AM »

bkenobi: I noticed in the post you sent that the second line of the sensor choice it shows mqtt. I enabled that in HG but didnt understand where or how to add my LAN settings and stuff. Any further help or direction where to find it would be fantastic.

HG always shows some extra feature in that drop down.  The default on my setup is the MQTT setup but you can ignore it.  You can see from the picture that it's not enabled.  I think the only thing I might have enabled for that module is a "stuck sensor" script, though it's not necessary (turns off a motion sensor if it is on and hasn't sent anything in some time frame...assumes the OFF command was missed somehow).

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2019, 12:00:16 PM »

HG always shows some extra feature in that drop down.  The default on my setup is the MQTT setup but you can ignore it.  You can see from the picture that it's not enabled.  I think the only thing I might have enabled for that module is a "stuck sensor" script, though it's not necessary (turns off a motion sensor if it is on and hasn't sent anything in some time frame...assumes the OFF command was missed somehow).

Yes just to the right of that Feature Option you can just see a checkbox. If its not checked with a tick that feature is not enabled. It looks like that feature has been selected as default but when you open the drop down you will see that this feature is the first on the list of options.

Most of these options come about by the amount of automation programs you have enabled. For example Smart Lights will appear in that drop down if Smart Lights is enabled.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2019, 04:09:24 PM »

@paizano1 I created a simple wizard macro that will turn on a HA-Bridge device with ID #2 from a x10 A1 ON RF signal to show how it will work.
Rename the attached to 1005-Broadlink_sender.hgx then from program security click import program and select the file.
You must have the HA-Bridge program in HG setup before this will work.
Hope that helps!
 >!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 04:12:55 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

bkenobi

• PI Expert
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2019, 01:09:11 PM »

Just curious if there is a way to program new protocols for the RM pro?  For instance, could I write something to receive my weather station if it isn't already there?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.