Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AHP Marmitek Disc or Download  (Read 2921 times)

Richard D

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
AHP Marmitek Disc or Download
« on: January 30, 2019, 04:38:01 PM »

It seems that if all you need from the CM15a are smart macros then the Marmitek AHP version could be a workable solution. After considerable searching I can not find a download link for the Marmitek version that works. Could someone provide a working link or a way to get a copy of the install disc?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: AHP Marmitek Disc or Download
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 05:43:04 PM »

The Marmitek AHP version is for the European market thus it has European modules not North American ones.
This leads to issues when there is no equitant North American module. Also the Marmitek AHP version includes the On-alert plugin not just Smart Macros. If your in North America use the NorthAmerican version and AHP lifejacket to register it will save you lots of hair pulling.
If you indeed need the European Marmitek AHP version I believe I have it on a hard drive some where. ::) :'
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019, 05:51:36 PM »

Maybe this is what you're after. Try the zip file download for this museum piece of software https://www.x10.com/activehome.html

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2019, 05:56:04 PM »

Maybe this is what you're after. Try the zip file download for this museum piece of software https://www.x10.com/activehome.html
That is the North American version which will still work for those in the European market but the modules are not European. It is best to run the version for the area your in.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2019, 06:12:53 PM »

That is the North American version which will still work for those in the European market but the modules are not European. It is best to run the version for the area your in.

I'll send the poster the CD. He can use it as a beer mat  :) Actually Active Home Vista would be of more benefit to him and of course it does have local server capabilities.

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2019, 06:16:37 PM »

@Richard D here's a link to Active Home Vista. It does macro downloads too I believe and it can control your devices outside the home. There's even an Android app downloadable for it https://www.freewarefiles.com/Active-Home-Vista_program_44203.html

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2019, 06:49:44 PM »

I totally believe anyone would be better off using a third party software instead of AHP. Unless you absolutely need to upload to the Cm15 if that is the case only AHP can do that.

In any case for anyone that must have the Marmitek version here is a link http://tuicemen.net/downloads/setup_ahp_marmitek_316.EXE
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Richard D

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2019, 10:53:42 PM »

Thankyou Tuicemen! While I have almost every light in the house on X10 the Cm15a is enough to do what I need it to do which is mostly scenes. While you do have to fiddle with it to make things work I do not change it often and once it is working it is a very low power consumption always on reliable controller (plugged into a XTBIIR). I have a working registered version of AHP but I know the laptop it is on will eventually break. I have tried to get a backup going on another laptop using lifejacket but I have not been successful. I have got the hard disk renamed but the smart macros still come up unregistered. I would have loved to buy a WiFi controller to replace it but not something that relies on an external IOT server. A 5 watt Home Genie package is very tempting but will require some time and effort to migrate all of my macros.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2019, 03:55:30 AM »

The PiX10Hub with Home Genie to run your Cm15 really is the way to go. I doubt you'll be happy with the Marmitek AHP as it is only version 316 and was never updated to 318.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2019, 10:53:21 AM »

…...While I have almost every light in the house on X10 the Cm15a is enough to do what I need it to do which is mostly scenes. ……. I have a working registered version of AHP but I know the laptop it is on will eventually break. I have tried to get a backup going on another laptop using lifejacket but I have not been successful. …...

I run spare copies of AHP myself.... and not using any of them anymore. But back-ups are essential (with everything). As preppers say:  Two is one... and one is none. (that means you need three of everything). You could have someone create a disk image for you? Old XP laptops are cheap!

We are currently in an age of transition. It won't be long before all future home automation decisions will have been made by market forces. But not to worry. X10 products will be with us for the remaining lifespans of almost all forum users. Right now.... most people can overlook the advantages of cloud connectivity. And keep lighting functions separate in their minds. But as we merge security systems, HVAC, calendar events, communications, and travel.... comprehensive systems are needed.   
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.