🛡Home Security > Problems and Troubleshooting

Alarms quit sounding

(1/5) > >>

cscjjd:
Hi, 

my system has been installed and working for many years.  Recently both of my PowerHorns (one PSH01 and one SH10A) have quit sounding.  I use these with an SC1200.    The two PowerHorns were plugged into different circuits (outlets) and moving them has not fixed the problem.

I know the alarm is activated because the SC1200 still dials out however, it now dials out too soon - the Entry Delay is set for 23 seconds but dialing starts at 8 to 10 seconds.  (Dialing also starts 8 to 10 seconds after the alarm is tripped by a motion sensor).

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

JD

arizona480:
Does the security light(s) that you have assigned to the SC1200 flash on an off during the alarm?  Also, if you have a controller with All Lights On/All Units Off assigned to the same house code as the sirens, do they activate when you rock the All Lights On/All Units Off switch on and off?

cscjjd:
Hello Arizona,

I don't presently have any lights connected but I do have some light modules that I've used in the past.  I will try to re-connect these to see if they activate but I don't have much experience with them.  Also, it may be a few days before I have time to locate and connect them.

Thanks for your input,

JD

Tuicemen:
It sounds like you may have gotten a power surge if both PowerHorns stopped working at the same time.

HA Dave:
You can test the sirens with a simple on then off  (then on, off, on, off, on, off.... it takes 4 cycles if I remember correctly) using something like a palmpad. I always test things with a separate TM751 Wireless Transceiver set on the A house code (I only use A for testing).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version