Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Lowe's Pulls the Plug On Iris Smart Home Platform.  (Read 5624 times)

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Lowe's Pulls the Plug On Iris Smart Home Platform.
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2019, 08:49:13 PM »

Ok, well I guess it depends on what you would consider a "modern" system/device.

We've had electric lights in these parts for over 100 years. Lighting control... even X10 Internet controlled lighting control has been around a log time. Even though most were hooked on the X10 server use at one time.... most seem to pretend it never happened now.

To me it's the interconnectivity and the AI that makes the systems modern. Yeah.... and that does includes the cloud as well as electric.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2019, 09:49:08 PM »

Even though most were hooked on the X10 server use at one time.... most seem to pretend it never happened now.

That was only required to install the AHP software.  Once installed it ran fine without access to the web.  And requiring access to the server to install AHP is what broke it.

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days

bkenobi

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 24
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2019, 11:07:14 PM »

My electricity didn't go down with the storm last night, but since nobody could get to work in my area the internet was running at snails pace.  My DSL which is normally good for 1mbps d/l was maxing at ~100kbps and my 4G hot spot which is normally a backup speed bump (although pricey since I can only use 8GB/mo) was maxing at 20kbps.  Sometimes it's nice being able to access things locally...  I also have a fireplace as a heat source in case the cloud based electric grid goes down.   >!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2019, 06:21:39 AM »

Well with no X10 servers. A few of the AHP Plug-Ins also got lost as you could not access them anymore.

bkenobi

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 24
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2019, 08:43:41 AM »

Like the X10 cloud...
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.