Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: TM751 vs PAT03. I must be missing something - weird behavior  (Read 4767 times)

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: TM751 vs PAT03. I must be missing something - weird behavior
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2019, 06:04:55 PM »

If you changed the house code on a RR501,PAT03 or TM751.
It would change the power line commands to use B. So  you would also have to reprogram the 2450 I/O Linc to respond to a command using the house code B.

The V572A does process all 256 X10 addresses [16 House Codes and 16 Unit Codes] by default. Can be programmed to ignore addresses. It does use a X10 TW523 or X10Pro PSC05 that are both discontinued for sending X10 power line commands.. The XTB-523 from JV Digital Engineering is still available and is much better. If  you had an XTB-IIR repeater it has a TW523 emulation circuit in it and is what I have interfacing my V572A.

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2019, 06:40:17 PM »

One more option... just set the slide switch to '9' on the PAT03 and A1 won't click A9 will. Unless you use A9, problem solved.

DCUNY

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2019, 09:59:33 PM »

One more option... just set the slide switch to '9' on the PAT03 and A1 won't click A9 will. Unless you use A9, problem solved.
That’s what I thought when I bought the PAT03. Unfortunately it looks like the PAT03 I bought is bad.  So I need to return that for sure.  And decide if I will take a risk on another PAT03 or modify the TM751.

I’ll report back after I figure out which direction I go.

Thanks for all the help so far.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2019, 06:12:34 AM »

If you decide to clip the TM751's switches coil wires.
Use care when opening the case. The antenna wire connected to the RF receiver. Connects to a piece of metal foil glued to the side of the case. The external antenna has a flat round plate on its end in a slot. The capacitor formed by the internal foil and external plate. Couple the X10 RF into the TM751. I pulled the internal foil off of the case by opening it.  :'

DCUNY

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2019, 07:39:56 AM »

If you decide to clip the TM751's switches coil wires.
Use care when opening the case. The antenna wire connected to the RF receiver. Connects to a piece of metal foil glued to the side of the case. The external antenna has a flat round plate on its end in a slot. The capacitor formed by the internal foil and external plate. Couple the X10 RF into the TM751. I pulled the internal foil off of the case by opening it.  :'

Great advice, thanks.  I figured the antenna might be a problem area since it’s the only external part that is on the side of the device.  Most of the components stick out the back or the front & are probably connected directly to a board where they won’t move when I disassemble the casing.

I’m sure it wasn’t made for “serviceability”. 
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 07:41:49 AM by DCUNY »

brobin

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2019, 12:10:34 PM »

dhouston, a frequent and valued contributor here, has the definitive info on the TM751 at https://www.laser.com/dhouston/ImproveTM751.html
His site also offers similar info of the RR501 and just about every other module.

DCUNY

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2019, 01:12:11 PM »

dhouston, a frequent and valued contributor here, has the definitive info on the TM751 at https://www.laser.com/dhouston/ImproveTM751.html
His site also offers similar info of the RR501 and just about every other module.

Thanks for the link.  When I click on it I'm getting error message:
"The requested URL /notavailable.png was not found on this server."

I was able to get to the page that had a lot of links on it but when I click "Improving TM751 Reception" I get the same error.  Bummer!   B:(

bkenobi

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 24
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2019, 01:38:57 PM »

The main page seems to be working but that specific page is broken for me too.  Maybe dhouston needs to fix a link on his site?

brobin

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2019, 02:08:51 PM »

Odd, it was working when I posted the link 2 hours ago. Right now this one does work and is basically the same thing for the RR501:
https://www.laser.com/dhouston/ImproveRR501.html

DCUNY

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2019, 02:28:05 PM »

Odd, it was working when I posted the link 2 hours ago. Right now this one does work and is basically the same thing for the RR501:
https://www.laser.com/dhouston/ImproveRR501.html

Well, this is interesting.  I just tried the new link above and got the same error message.  I normally use Safari on my Mac so I tried Firefox on my Mac.  Firefox for some reason works!  That is very strange.  I wonder if there is something on the page that Safari doesn't like?

Using Firefox I can open both links, Safari won't open either.

I'll take a look!  Thanks

brobin

« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2019, 02:31:02 PM »

I use a PC and normally use Chrome but more and more I'm using Firefox as it seems to work where Chrome won't.

dhouston

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 37
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2019, 02:56:36 PM »

I retired the page a few years ago and no longer maintain it. When an attorney named David Houston down in Houston, TX bought the URL it messed up the Wayback Machine listing so Laser has been hosting it since then just to keep it available. But, I still do not maintain it.
I'm not sure what is causing the access problems for that page but I can access it under W10 via Chrome and Edge but get the same error using Firefox.
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
No twees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.
https://www.laser.com/dhouston

dhouston

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 37
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2019, 10:02:44 AM »

I've made no changes to the web page but now the link again works with Firefox and still works with Chrome & Edge.  ??? ...maybe some ice particles in the cloud.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 10:07:34 AM by dhouston »
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
No twees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.
https://www.laser.com/dhouston

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2019, 09:29:11 PM »

...maybe some ice particles in the cloud.
rofl
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

DCUNY

« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2019, 05:48:49 PM »

I wanted to thank everyone for the info on the TM751 modification.  I had a block of time to focus on looking at it and was successful in disabling the relay.

The biggest challenge was not having a long / thin screwdriver to get the 2 screws out.  They were really buried in the plastic case.
Once I had it open I had no trouble figuring out what wire to cut to silence the relay.  I don’t use the outlet in the TM751 so I don’t care that it isn’t working as a pass-through.

Thanks to everyone for the help!
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.