Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: 📧HG Smart E-mailer  (Read 15911 times)

mike

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
Re: HG Smart E-mailer
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2019, 04:23:23 PM »

the scripts are simple wizard scripts that arms and disarms the security system simular to these: http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=30855.msg180780#msg180780
instead of watching for the arm/disarm status I watch for the Raw RF.
If you used a Keyflob for setting up your Broadlink use it if you used the sh24 use its code.

Wow my Canadian friend.  In the last couple weeks you have taken my HG to new levels, to which I can hardly keep up.

I now have emails when security things are triggers (little FYI - I get 2-3-4-5 emails when it happens - but at least it happens so I am tickled pink!)

I now have the HG internal security thing arming and disarming from my x10 remotes so I can eliminate the 30-50 minute dawn times it emails me AFTER I turn off the SC1200 (we must open doors 30-50 minutes BEFORE dawn to feed the animals).

This HG alarm seems to open the doors to triggering from OTHER than x10 devices also!  I am a big fan of Wyzecam.com cameras.  I am in their alpha and beta program and thus testing door sensors & IR motion sensors that work with their $ 20.00 wifi/internet/1080p/pan-tilt motion detecting cameras.  These can be accessed thru cell phone, IFFT.  And RTSP is coming soon to add them to my wired and other wifi DVR cameras on HD drives and BlueIris.  I can see a day when all this can be incorporated into HG...

Go have a beer/wine/adult-beverage on me my friend.  I will pay for it via paypal soon!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2019, 06:01:53 PM »

Glad to see you enjoy the Smart E-mailer program and it is working well for you. :)%
I created it so you can trigger e-mails from virtually any device configured in HG even virtual devices (not just security sensors).
With a little creativity I'm sure you can get your emails down two just one per event.
I've been playing with Wemo devices and the HG code for those devices using this emailer. Originally it was triggering every status update check but no longer so I suspect other device code may also need some tweaking to prevent false email alerts.

The custom recipient and message options allows you to send more personal emails or texts messages to different devices from different module "On" event trips.
I'm sure other Options may present themselves down the road for this but I currently have no plans for a version 3.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

bkenobi

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 24
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2019, 10:51:33 AM »

Taking nothing away from Tiuicemen's emailer, but the reason it works is because Gene spent a good chunk of the last few years developing HG with no job and no charge for the code (it's open source).  If anyone deserves gratitude, I'd highly recommend at least thanking the creator of the HA software that Tuicemen's script works within.  Writing a script is somewhat time consuming for a non-coder, so the emailer is not insignificant but it only works because the backbone is there to let it function with all of the hardware around it.

>!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2019, 10:56:00 AM »

Taking nothing away from Tiuicemen's emailer, but the reason it works is because Gene spent a good chunk of the last few years developing HG with no job and no charge for the code (it's open source).  If anyone deserves gratitude, I'd highly recommend at least thanking the creator of the HA software that Tuicemen's script works within.  Writing a script is somewhat time consuming for a non-coder, so the emailer is not insignificant but it only works because the backbone is there to let it function with all of the hardware around it.

>!
I agree,  Gene deserves credit for creating the backbone for which all the script (programs) are handled!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

mike

« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2019, 10:51:19 AM »

Tuicemen, I think I have seen you have commented a couple times you think the SH624 is more secure than the KR10A keyfob?  Isn't that backwards?  keyfob is only 24bit code while SH624 is 32bit, no?

mike

« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2019, 10:56:25 AM »

I have added OR to trigger on arm/disarm scripts (programs) so different devices can be used depending on where I am.  Also one matches my HAbridge send that is on timer for automatic arm/disarm.  Altho my HAbridge arm/disarm is 100% reliable with the SC1200 alarm console, the disarm script seems less than consistent.  It seems no matter which remote I use to send disarm signal, HG sees the raw rf data fine, but the script either does not run or the HG security module ignores the disarm command.  Time will tell if it is just random missing of disarm command or if it really is inconsistent.  I will know if disarm does not 'take' as then I will get door open emails every hour from all my sensors during the day!

mike

« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2019, 11:27:49 AM »

I believe the SmartEmail.Arm & SmartEmail.DisArm may not be working as expected.  dusk to dawn on and off checkmark enables emails or disables if not night, but email is sent everytime whether I check either arm or disarmed choice or not.  Ie., the only time emails are NOT sent is if dusk/dawn checked and it is daytime;  all other times email is sent no matter the condition of the HG security module.  Of course if enable email is not checked no email is sent also.

I will turn on your debug comments later and test some more to see which routine(s) are setting Sendmail = true;

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2019, 12:36:00 PM »

Tuicemen, I think I have seen you have commented a couple times you think the SH624 is more secure than the KR10A keyfob?  Isn't that backwards?  keyfob is only 24bit code while SH624 is 32bit, no?
I may have stated that though I don't remember ::) :' the SH624 doesn't show up in HG as a security remote like the KR10A does so only a SH624 that is configured in HG will work for HG unlike the KR10A.
Currently once you have a Kr10A setup in HG any KR10A is seen by HG as the configured Keyflob so they aren't as secure in a HG setup. I've raised this issue with Gene on GitHub and it is marked as a enhancement. Current HG code technically removes any security the KR10A has. Even if your using the Broadlink to transmit a learned KR10A it is seen as a Keyflob.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2019, 12:43:45 PM »

I believe the SmartEmail.Arm & SmartEmail.DisArm may not be working as expected.  dusk to dawn on and off checkmark enables emails or disables if not night, but email is sent everytime whether I check either arm or disarmed choice or not.  Ie., the only time emails are NOT sent is if dusk/dawn checked and it is daytime;  all other times email is sent no matter the condition of the HG security module.  Of course if enable email is not checked no email is sent also.

I will turn on your debug comments later and test some more to see which routine(s) are setting Sendmail = true;
It has been a number of HG versions ago that this was written and tested. I don't use any special setting at my city place but do at my off grid place (I believe it is running 1.2-stable.34) the newest 1.3-beta.3 may have some issues with dusk dawn as my Open Weather program which has replaced WU in HG is way off.
I don't believe I changed the order conditions were looked at with the latest smart e-mailer build but as Soon as I get time I'll play with the settings again to be sure they are working correctly.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

mike

« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2019, 03:32:40 PM »

Yes, I too confirmed all kr10a units work on same code.  Yes, I confirmed SH624 (less secure 24bit encoding) does NOT show up in HG as a device.  I put kr10 device OR raw.rf from my sh624 as arm/disarm units for more ease of use for me.

dusk/dawn work swell here at my lat/long on stable.39.  Changing to new beta 1,2,or3 is more cplex than just pushing an update button so I am not going there until it becomes easy again.

I will uncover your comment lines to try to see why dusk/dawn & arm/disarm do not work here as expected. 

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2019, 08:57:42 PM »

I had a chance to have a quick look at the code and do some quick tests. I do see the same issues as you mike, not sure why it worked prior but not now. In any case I'll play with a bit and get it worked out looks like it is  ignoring an else statement ??? so I'll redo with else if statements and nail down the ifs with more details to watch for before tripping the email.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

mike

« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2019, 09:13:52 AM »

Thanks, you got it!  Enjoy  a case of your favorite beer (or wine) on me (sent via paypal).

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2019, 10:46:26 AM »

Thanks, you got it!  Enjoy  a case of your favorite beer (or wine) on me (sent via paypal).
That realy wasn't necessary! But thank you!

I'll wait till you &/or I can test after dusk to be sure I nailed that part down too, before I update the link for others. ;)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 01:03:45 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

dhouston

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 37
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2019, 02:59:55 PM »

While it has been several years since I did hands-on testing of various X10 RF devices, IIRC, both standard and security RF devices send 32 bits. The only difference is detailed in my X-10 RF Protocol article at https://www.laser.com/dhouston/rf.html
X-10 security transmitters use a similar protocol but only one nybble of the first two bytes are bitwise complementary while the last two bytes follow the same pattern as standard X-10 RF codes.
The complementary bytes (or nybbles) are used for error checking but neither code is more secure than the other.

All RF codes (even if encrypted) are basically insecure as all a bad guy need do is capture the code and then replay it as is being done by the latest car thieves. The only RF codes that are reasonably secure are the rolling codes used with garage door remotes.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 03:16:56 PM by dhouston »
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
No twees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.
https://www.laser.com/dhouston

mike

« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2019, 03:18:49 PM »

Hi dhouston,  glad to hear from you!

The keyfob actually sends 32 bits while the SH624 sends only 24bit code I am pretty sure.  Must be true as I read it on the internet once.   :)

But in HG it shows that code sent & it is indeed longer with the keyfox - another 2 bytes...

Anyway, we actually USE that car thief scheme to duplicate and resend the security codes with a cool little mpnkey see-monkey-do device called a Broadlink RM+ box:  gives HG non & security RF sending capability.   If a bad guy is sophisticated enough to do that at my house he deserves what he gets, whether that is my stuff, an AR-15 full of lead, Glock 45 lead, or dog bites.  My insurance swears to me they will replace any stuff he gets.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.