Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: 📧HG Smart E-mailer  (Read 15918 times)

mike

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
Re: 📧HG Smart E-mailer
« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2019, 07:56:03 AM »

Neat idea!  I do like KISS principal;  hopefully adding preset move, snap, send does not add too much complexity.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2019, 08:03:07 AM »

I'm hoping I can implement Kiss and keep the complex stuff in the script it's self so the end user only has to type camera# or name and preset#
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

soxfan1966

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2020, 12:16:55 PM »

Good afternoon,

Among some other testing I have been doing I was trying to get this to work as well.  I did have to install the jkutils, which I did, but the emails are not getting sent even though it seems like they should be.

In the Event History, it appears it sent the email but I'm not receiving them (in the attached image I blurred out my email address).

I also have the E-Mail Account program setup with my outgoing email info, I thought that is what it used for that.  Perhaps I am missing something ?

mike

« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2020, 01:53:30 PM »

I proved mine out by using a new door sensor on my computer desk so I could toggle it easy for testing anytime...

Perhaps your issue is you are not turning on the built in HG security alarm?  Tuicemen's auto emailer works with it IIRC.  So you have to set it on so the sensors send email.   Although there is a choice in tuicemens routine to send even if that is off - good for testing with the test dorr switch on your desk.

I made a simple email program also so I could verify email was working and going to the accounts I listed.  I am trying to get screen shots to attach here in case they help?    issues...   will send in a bit.

soxfan1966

« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2020, 01:56:57 PM »

I do not have the Security Program installed nor active, sounds like that make be the issue ?

mike

« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2020, 02:12:18 PM »

depends...   ok, thank you for posting!  Turns out my Pi  USB power cord was knocked loose this morning by a cat on the desk!  So thank you for letting me know!   

so.  first.  goto a sensor, preferably the easy to trigger test on your desk, click on the top right gear, change from security alarm system to smart_E-mailer, then enable email mailing (if enabled you get blue check mark end of that line), then click BOTH emails when sec armed and when security disarmed.

trigger it and see if you get email.  If not, time to make a simple email program to test the email on demand function...

let me know and I will try to go next step with u?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2020, 02:14:17 PM »

Users that set this up in the passed and had issues had installed the wrong JkUtils Solar Altitudes not the open weather I don't believe you need the security system enabled.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

soxfan1966

« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2020, 02:15:44 PM »

I do not have the security system installed - but I did have the Smart Email enabled, that is what was generating the event in the image.  But it does not seem to be sending an email - I am not sure where the outgoing email info is defined.

mike

« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2020, 02:20:08 PM »

1.jpg:  you gottsa have tuicemens "smart_E-mailer program installed and running... (check mark on right)
1.jpg: you gottsa have E-Mail Account setup and running
1.jpg:  you might want a TEST email on demand program like this "Send Test E-mail"

Inside test email program:

PROGRAM CODE:    cc and paste:
// CSharp Automation Program Plugin
// when the switch ON is pressed, a test e-mail is sent

var subject = "HomeGenie Test E-Mail";
var recipients = Program.InputField("Email.Recipients").Value;
var messageText = Program.InputField("Email.Message").Value;

if ((recipients != "") && (messageText != ""))
{
  Program.RunAsyncTask(() => {
   if (Net.SendMessage(recipients, subject, messageText) == true)
      Program.Notify("E-Mail Test", "SUCCESS! Test E-Mail sent.");
    else Program.Notify("E-Mail Test", "ERROR: Test E-Mail **NOT** sent.");
  });
}
else
  Program.Notify("E-Mail Test", "ERROR: Missing input field(s) - recipients and/or message text.");

STARTUP CODE:  cc/paste:

// Put your trigger code logic here.
// To execute the Code To Run,
// use a 'return true' or 'return false' otherwise.

Program.AddInputField("Email.Recipients", "", "Comma separated list of recipients e-mails that will get a test e-mail");
Program.AddInputField("Email.Message", "Just a HomeGenie Test", "E-mail message");

// add a push button widget - push it once and the e-mail is sent
Program.UseWidget("homegenie/generic/program");

// this program will NOT be running in background
return false;

------------------------------------   then you can RUN this test program anytime by clicking on ACTIONS bottom right and pick RUN

mike

« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2020, 02:25:10 PM »

good lord...   somehow MY email account info decided to disappear!  So it is not sending me emails either.  AGAIN, thanks for making me test this!  I had to retype in all my email data...   Luckily in the 6 months or so since I last saw this work we have not had a break in so did not need to know which door was the culprit.  It is always nice when going outside in a rob at 2 am armed to see why a door sensor triggered to know WHICH door sensor...

soxfan1966

« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2020, 02:27:52 PM »

I do have the Email Account setup and active but will need to check the info and then try a test as you suggested.  Will follow up after I do that.

mike

« Reply #71 on: January 29, 2020, 02:44:33 PM »

Well, I appear to be back at square one too;  no email sending.  i had this issue and fought it for months a year ago...  posted about it here...  IIRC the only solution was to completely reinstall HG as it has some bug that refuses to let changes to email settings be accepted...  What a waste of time!!!!

If I find a short cut that allows HG to erase bad info or insert new email info I will post it, but I am too tired today to continue fighting it... 

anyone find a better replacement for HG yet?

soxfan1966

« Reply #72 on: January 29, 2020, 02:48:33 PM »

I am definitely not looking to replace HG, I like it and it works great for me.  Sometimes trying to implement new things can be a bit finicky but its usually because I am doing something wrong, not a deficiency in HG.

soxfan1966

« Reply #73 on: January 29, 2020, 03:20:18 PM »

The Smart Email program has some Program.Notify("debug", "text"); calls in it that you can uncomment for debugging.  In my case, I think its my email setup that is the issue.

soxfan1966

« Reply #74 on: January 29, 2020, 03:29:16 PM »

So for the the Smart Emailer is running and thinks it sent the email.  However the:
Net.SendMessage(recipients, subject, messagetext)

does not seem to actually be sending it.  Not sure but still suspect its a setup of my outgoing email
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.