Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: CM19A setup  (Read 938 times)

NB2A

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
CM19A setup
« on: March 03, 2019, 07:08:14 PM »

I am trying to run a CM19 with an RR501, PAM04.   I am using the latest Android version and all seems ok with setup yet no on off functions seem to work at all. The same PAM04 does work fine with a KR19a remote. Does this app even work with X10 commander?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: CM19A setup
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2019, 06:20:04 AM »

The X10 Commander web page shows a CM19A is an interface you can use.
Is the computer the CM19A is connected to. Running any X10 software?
You may want to also look at the X10 Commander web site and forums for more information. On setting up to work correctly.
https://forum.melloware.com/viewforum.php?f=13

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2019, 06:35:40 AM »

X10 commander uses the AHP SDK  which must be installed on the PC which the Cm19 is pluged in. The OP doesnt specify which app they are attempting to talk to x10 commander with, so if it is something other then the specific x10commander app it won't work
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 07:39:03 AM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2019, 08:33:33 AM »

You may want to also look at the X10 Commander web site and forums for more information. On setting up to work correctly.
https://forum.melloware.com/viewforum.php?f=13

Good catch.
I ran Melloware X10 Commander with a CM19 on a little netbook-like XP laptop.... for a long time (years). For some reason... it would lose it's IP address after a power failure. And... without being set to the correct IP address.... the app/software is useless. But power failures were/are rare and the IP address is/was easy to reset by quickly doing an command prompt, IP config... and then entering in the IP address. So I never resolved that one/only issue I ever had with X10 Commander.

……. The OP doesnt specify which app they are attempting to talk to x10 commander with, so if it is something other then the specific x10commander app it won't work

Yeah.... X10 Commander is basically a third-party WM-100. Except.... Melloware now also has an add-on/plug-in?/extra app... IFTTT. That supposedly works well (check their forum) with The X10 Commander and AI devices like Alexa or Google (I think it works with Google... I am Google AI illiterate). There may be other add-on apps now as well. I've been away from Melloware for a while.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 08:44:14 AM by HA Dave »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.