🔌General Home Automation > Automating Your House

Controlling a module based on Weather

(1/4) > >>

LostDog88:
I have a heat lamp for my barn cats. Sometimes it gets cold at night. I want to be able to control this based on the weather underground module. I have a key and get weather updates to HG (RPI).

I want to make that light come on when the temp gets low and go off when the temp is warm. Night or day.

Is there a way to do this?

Tuicemen:
Yes! however with weather underground now not handing out free api keys Gene removed weather underground from HG so newer versions will not have WU.
I created a HG app (program/script) using info from open weather which Gene now includes, or you can get it from the package manager
You can create a wizard script or use the wizard script I posted I believe it was for temperature but you can change the values.
The script and directions for setup can be found in the User created HG Scripts (programs) section

LostDog88:
Thanks a zillion.

I will work on this over the weekend! I'm excited and my cats will be happy and warm!

Cheers!

>! >!

Tuicemen:
I use simular scripts to keep my Koi pond open during freezing temperatures, as well I lock my solar tracker during windy times to prevent damage. ;)

LostDog88:
I got it to update the OW module.

There are so many choices for the trigger. I just want a simple if/then:

If temp is under XX turn on light.
If temp is over XX turn off light.

I don't seem to be able to make this happen. The light is off and should be turning on at each update of OW? Right?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version