📱X10 WIFI > 🐞X10 WIFI App problems or bugs

WM100 Randomly Turns On the Wrong Lights

(1/3) > >>

rickkel:
I tried to find others with a similar problem, but could not.  I have a fairly simple setup for my house, only 9 switches/modules that I use to have lights automatically turn on when I'm not home so I don't come home to a dark house or make it look lived in when I'm on vacation.  In the past, I used a CM15A controlling them, but it no longer connects to my Windows 10 computers.  My recently purchased WM100 is set to turn on five (5) of the lights around dusk and turn them all off at various times of the night.

Today I came home after dark and the house was lit up like a Christmas tree!  Two modules that I didn't want to come on did - and at full brightness.  When I looked through the history of what the WM100 did, neither of those assigned switches were sent a signal.  None of the modules on the Device list showed as "ON"; they were all showing as "OFF".  None of these modules have any timers assigned to them.  Has anyone else had such a problem?

Before you ask, no, the CM15A is no longer plugged in as I cleared all stored data in it trying everything under the sun to connect it to my Windows 10 computer.  Each of the switches and modules has its own number assigned to it.  I've made sure and synced any changes I've made to timers, etc. to the WM100.  Might it be necessary to clear it out and re-sync the timers, etc.?

Tuicemen:
All 9 modules were on?
Are all 9 lights?
Were all modules that turned On, on the same circuit?

dave w:

--- Quote from: rickkel on March 28, 2019, 12:56:29 AM ---Today I came home after dark and the house was lit up like a Christmas tree!  Two modules that I didn't want to come on did - and at full brightness.  When I looked through the history of what the WM100 did, neither of those assigned switches were sent a signal.  None of the modules on the Device list showed as "ON"; they were all showing as "OFF".  None of these modules have any timers assigned to them.  Has anyone else had such a problem?

--- End quote ---
YES. When we lose power at the house, if the restoration is dirty or a "brown up" I have several modules that will come on. Mostly Appliance Modules but a few Lamp Modules.
Are the your modules old?

toasterking:
I've always had the same problem with lamp, and sometimes appliance, modules from X10 regardless of age following some power outages.  ACT, SmartLabs (Insteon), Marmitek, etc. never misbehave.  It's enough of an annoyance that I designed a workaround for it into the HA logic platform I'm writing.  Status of X10 modules is tracked as "Received State" and "Desired State".  They usually are kept in sync, but if the UPS detects that the utility power is out, only "Desired State" is updated (since no X10 modules would be online to receive signals).  Once the utility power is restored, an algorithm compares "Received State" to "Desired State".  Based on the device models in the database, it knows which modules remember their state and need to be sent commands to meet the "Desired State" or left alone, and which modules need to be sent whatever the current state should be regardless because their state is unpredictable.

I'm not aware of an "official" fix for this issue.

But bottom line is that I don't expect that the WM100 sent any commands to turn your lights on; I think it's an issue of your lamp/fixture modules not remembering their state correctly after a power outage.  Reviewing this, I'm noting that I put a lot of work toward solving something that very rarely affects me.  That's probably a good indicator of why no one else has bothered to solve it and why my platform may never be finished.

dave w:
Toaster, your fix is brilliant. When living in south Florida, powered by Florida Power and Light (other wise well known as "Florida Flicker and Flash")  I had a similar solution in that after and outage everything went to a "desired state" based on time of day.  Back in the late 80's X10 knew they had a problem and began putting (I think) 200V MOVs in the Appliance Modules, which for what ever reason seemed to be more sensitive to power interruptions. I don't know exactly when that was, but do know I have more problems with older modules.

Thank you for sharing your fix. Since I have no modules that send Status, I am just going to incorporate a "Desired State" in my HA.  >!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version