Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Alexa - two devices, separate email accounts, device problems  (Read 1246 times)

soxfan1966

• Helpful Post Rating: 3

So I am now running version 1.2 with the Alexa Integration directly in HG.

I'm having a few problems, not sure which are related to my setup or something else.

I have 2 Alexa Dots, each w a separate email account as that is required for the Harmony Hub (I have 2 - each one connected to one of the dots).
When I discover devices, the x10 modules from HG appear on one Dot but not the other.

And I'm getting old devices from HG set up twice in Alexa - so if I added a module, deleted it, added it under a different x10 address, I get 2 in Alexa.   Some of the demo units are also showing up in Alexa.

Is there a way to see what devices HG is linking to Alexa? With HA Bridge you could connect to that and see what was there.  I also was able to have HA Bridge send RF instead of PLC commands - is it possible to do that with the Alexa Integration option?

Thanks

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Alexa - two devices, separate email accounts, device problems
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2019, 05:35:28 PM »

I'm a bit confused, so I need some clarification.
1:each email account has different Alexa accounts and you wish them to be linked?
2: Alexa still sees your old configured devices and you wish to remove the old ones but can't?
3: you can't log into the Alexa App to see what is being seen as online? The off line devices would be your old devices and you just delete them.
https://alexa.amazon.com/spa/index.html#cards
4: Alexa sees most configured modules in HG even dummy ones. If your not using the virtual modules delete them from HG the from Alexa.
5: Alexa sends device commands to devices depending on how they are setup in HG x10 RF or PLC or zwave or wemo(http) So if your wishing to send RF to a device it needs to be setup in HG as a RF device.
 I've yet to do this my self but I know it is possible as I use a cm19 for my Alexa control.
 I had Gene add this for the Cm15, believe you need to send raw RF maybe using a wizard script.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

soxfan1966

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2019, 07:19:43 PM »

My alexa's each have a separate email and they can't be linked from the Amazon perspective.  That has not changed.

But previously, each Alexa was able to get the devices from HA Bridge with no issues and both worked.

Now there seems to be one that sees the devices and one that doesn't.

And them on top of that I have duplicated devices, old ones that I do not want to see in Alexa.  I can delete them, but was wondering if there was something in HG to tweak what Alex's sees.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2019, 09:16:50 PM »

The echo bridge interface has no settings that can be set you'd have to dig into the code.
if Alexa is seeing devices you don't wish it to if you remove the name Alexa will not see it. Also if there are virtual devices that you don't use either delete them or rename them.
Once you delete devices from HG you should go to "configure/maintenance/configuration&data/modules cleanup" then remove modules no longer in use. That way they are totally forgotten until you add them again.
Possibly HG is reporting modules  to Alexa that never got removed correctly.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

soxfan1966

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2019, 06:33:37 PM »

OK - I cleaned up the devices listed in HG then on each of my Alexa Dots I first forgot all Devices and then did discover again.  Each of them now shows the correct list of devices and they all seem to work as they did before.

In terms of the RF vs PLC, at least in HG what I have is a program running for each of my x10 devices that gets triggered when a PLC on that device is received to send the same command via RF (so one program for On and a separate one for Off).

As of now, things seem to be working as they did with the separate HA Bridge.   In most cases I no longer get the unresponsive message (even though the command would work).  I did get it once while turning off a one device.

Will monitor things for the next few days and see how it goes.  Ideally its back to set it and forget it - things just work when you want and its not something you actually think about (if that makes sense).

Thanks again

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2019, 06:38:56 PM »

Ideally its back to set it and forget it - things just work when you want and its not something you actually think about (if that makes sense).

Thanks again
Makes sense to me! that's the way it should be!  ;)
Usually the only time I get the unresponsive message (even though the command would work) is after a HG service restart.
It is always good to read things are working the way a user expects them to!
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.