Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New Security device module layout with battery?  (Read 879 times)

mike

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
New Security device module layout with battery?
« on: April 03, 2019, 11:05:58 AM »

It has been so long ago I do not remember exactly how I added all my DS10 security switches to HG...

A couple weeks ago I added a one I named TESTER DS10;  I have since again forgotten how I did even that - I know it was painful and I messed with it for couple hours before hitting on it - I vaguely recall maybe doing a wizard something.

ANYWAY, the NEW module supposedly shows battery condition!  While the old modules do not.  Remember these did send battery data to X10 in the old days...  I would like to add that batt info to my other DS10 modules but am wary if it is being used properly by HG.  My concern is that my batts measure 1.49v each in the DS10;  I would not think that should show as 10% life left.  Also the date info on bottom line of the NEW module is missing - and I think that is date and time of last module change?

Does anyone know if the batt indicator works?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 11:08:00 AM by mike »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: New Security device module layout with battery?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2019, 11:55:43 AM »

I could never get the battery life working in HG and not sure why some see that and others don't.
You can remove that displaying item but I've never looked into adding it (seemed useless if it wouldn't work for me) I could set the value but it never changed (maybe I just didn't watch it long enough)

Update: Here is how to add the battery to existing sensors and change the value.
1:in the group the sensor is in click Actions/Configure Group
2:scroll to the sensor you wish to add the Battery to or edit its value
3:click on the Parameter icon for the sensor
4:Find an entry your not using (with a blank field) like "HomeGenie.ZoneSensors.5" and change the name to "Sensor.Battery" in the blank field type 100
5: Click save   
6: Click Home, the 🔋 should appear and be full

Now there may need to be another thing added to make this work. ::) :'
To delete the battery sensor just click delete after highlighting the Sensor.Battery line or set the field to nothing
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 05:16:43 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.