Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Is the x10 hub (wp100) app EOL ??  (Read 2630 times)

bubbah

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Is the x10 hub (wp100) app EOL ??
« on: April 05, 2019, 03:50:30 PM »

No updates? No Alexa, Google, other integration ?? I would love to see development resume!!  >*<

Dave Mc

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: Is the x10 hub (wp100) app EOL ??
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2019, 10:48:01 AM »

Yes that would be nice.  At a minimum they need an update to reset the wm100 clock after a power interruption.

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
Re: Is the x10 hub (wp100) app EOL ??
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2019, 10:57:24 AM »

Whether or not Authinx improves the WM100 is anybody's guess  B:( but why continue the frustration when there are better options?  I understand that the Pi HG Hub may be more than one cares to deal with but there IS an off the shelf solution: the Smartenit Harmony (P1, G1 or G2).  Coupled with a Smarthome 2412S or 2412U it does far more than the WM100 and supports X10, Insteon, WiFi & Zigbee. It has an App that works as well as an Alexa skill.  :)%

I got a G2 in early March and it handled DST with no problem and recovers from power outages as if nothing happened. It gets the time from the server and sets Sunrise/Sunset based on location.  I set it to send a daily email at sunset and it works. 

I bought mine as a used G2 on Amazon for $39.  When I got it I couldn't register it as it had been registered to another account.  I emailed Smartenit with a copy of the receipt and a photo of the label with the MAC and they quickly got me going.  Support is from California and very responsive.

Worth a look!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.