Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Amazon employees are listening to what you say to Alexa, here’s how to stop them  (Read 3536 times)

bkenobi

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 24

But McDonalds does use other meats.........  Not saying worms is in their meat (intentionally), but if it makes financial sense, I guarantee they will have looked at it.

I am always amazed by... seemingly otherwise.... normal people who genuinely believe they can read minds. Or believe because they think/believe something to be true... it then becomes reasonable.

I don't understand this one, but cool.  If a business can make a larger profit on their product by changing the specs, it is in their best interest to do so.  Unless there is a regulation preventing meat from certain sources preventing an alternative, any restaurant should certainly consider that option.  The only thing keeping rat meat out of food is bad PR about rats being dirty. 

Any animal can be used for meat but some are more palatable than others.  In the US, guinea pigs are pets.  When I was in Peru, I ate some delicious carne empanadas everywhere from street vendors to sit down restaurants.  Carne in this case means cuy (guinea pig) in most cases.  Did that stop locals or even tourists from eating it?  Nope.  And guess what?  Nobody wore a tin foil hat when doing so.  What is normal in one place isn't others and that's fine.

To be clear...  Zebra meat is not acceptable in the US (nor cost effective) but in parts of Africa it's a normal animal to consume.  If worms were considered normal in a given local and it was cost effective, by all means McDonalds should consider using that as a protein source!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175

I am always amazed by... seemingly otherwise.... normal people who genuinely believe they can read minds. Or believe because they think/believe something to be true... it then becomes reasonable.

I don't understand this one......

If worms were considered normal in a given local and it was cost effective.........

Contemporaneously.... people are speaking (or in this case posting) as if they have an insight to peoples or a persons thought process. Of course.... humans don't. Maybe it's just part of the new emoji language evolving today.... with nouns being replaced with emotions.

The FACT is that the McDonald's worm hoax is one of the earliest, biggest, and at this time... longest lasting (internet based) hoaxes. And although..... THOUSANDS of hoaxers have used the same ploys to trick people.... many people just can't seem to spot the hoaxes from real news. Zebra meat? Are you sure it wasn't Kangaroo?

Now... even (otherwise creditable) news sites carefully word stories designed to exploit the click-gullible.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 03:07:58 PM by HA Dave »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

bkenobi

• PI Expert

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=zebra+meat

Just saying...

FWIW, empenadas are delicious, but the roast cuy is like chicken with 4 drum sticks (very similar to rabbit).  This wasn't my plate, but it did look identical.  When you have a chance to travel, it might open your mind to different cultures.  I can't say what is in McDonald's secret sauce and only can rely on what their PR dept lists as ingredients (currently 100% beef pretty much everywhere but India where it's a vegetable substitute of some kind).  I can say what my wife saw on the list of meat sources when she worked on the advertising account over a decade ago.  No, she didn't mention worms though meal worms are purportedly a great source of nutrients.

https://unclejimswormfarm.com/can-you-eat-worms/

« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 06:01:41 PM by bkenobi »

HA Dave

..... When you have a chance to travel, it might open your mind to different cultures.

Cute. Your mental image (pretend or real) of me.... is nothing like the real thing. But it appears your feelings are important to you.

Unfortunately.... your insults DO NOT increase your knowledge of internet hoaxes or help you navigate around them. I would compare it to when I am in countries where I can't read the signs... because of the language barrier. So... I'd guess if you ever...get a chance to travel it will feel familiar to you. Such silliness.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 11:55:30 AM by HA Dave »

bkenobi

• PI Expert

Meh, you do you.  I'll take things I've personally experienced as fact.

James G

• Helpful Post Rating: 1

This has been reported on the major media. Do an internet search. This has to do with listening to you when you think your microphone is off. Believe it or not, it is up to you.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!

The internet is full of more fake news and half truths then fact.
This has to do with listening to you when you think your microphone is off. Believe it or not, it is up to you.
Yep that part is true and you can listen to all the recording your devices have made.
From your phone go to the Alexa app then settings then history to listen to them. While there you can also delete any or all of them. I have heard several that weren't initiated by me one even of just the vacuum. rofl  These are usually named unknown, but all recordings have names so it is easy to spot ones you didn't initiate.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

bkenobi

• PI Expert

I can't say anything about Alexa, but for similar Android features, when you delete the data it may not be expunged.  I've read that the data is still stored but it's somehow kept but anonymous.  What's done with it beyond that is internal to Google.

dhouston

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 37
    • davehouston.org
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
No twees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.
https://www.laser.com/dhouston

HA Dave

....... I've read that the data is still stored but it's somehow kept but anonymous.  What's done with it beyond that is internal to Google.

Like any, and every resource... it is condensed, made purer, more compact, and easier to handle.

https://youtu.be/6iaR3WO71j4
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.