Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Putting current setup onto new W10 laptop  (Read 2112 times)

SkipWX10

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Putting current setup onto new W10 laptop
« on: September 17, 2019, 02:21:20 PM »

Hi all, probably  >*< but is there any way to simply copy/paste Activehome Pro folder from old laptop to new (3.318 install)? Or, now that AHP is on new laptop, any way to copy timers/macros from CM15a to new install?

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: Putting current setup onto new W10 laptop
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2019, 05:19:02 PM »

Or, now that AHP is on new laptop, any way to copy timers/macros from CM15a to new install?
I don't use AHP any more, but do know (well, remember...), you can not backload the macros/timers from the CM15A. Sorry.

"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2019, 05:47:17 PM »

Actualy you can move your AHP setup to a new PC with a simpy copy of the ahx files. The issue is there is no way to simply register to your AHP on the new PC.
Luckily that is not totaly impossible, the free AHP-Lifejacket makes this possible or will register your AHP to me unlocking it for some plugins. >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

SkipWX10

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2019, 06:28:45 PM »

Actualy you can move your AHP setup to a new PC with a simpy copy of the ahx files. The issue is there is no way to simply register to your AHP on the new PC.
Luckily that is not totaly impossible, the free AHP-Lifejacket makes this possible or will register your AHP to me unlocking it for some plugins. >!

So, instead of copying the whole folder....just copy the ahx files to the new computer and drop them in the AHP folder of a fresh install? I tried to overwrite the entire folder of the new install...AHP opened and the 'sample' stuff was gone, but none of my old stuff was there either.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2019, 07:02:05 AM »

Windows 10 has extra security built in which stops users from changing files in the program files x86 folder ( this also prevents times and macros from either getting saved or running in some cases). Move your AHP folder so it is a main folder not a sub folder of program files.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

SkipWX10

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2019, 04:21:07 PM »

Windows 10 has extra security built in which stops users from changing files in the program files x86 folder ( this also prevents times and macros from either getting saved or running in some cases). Move your AHP folder so it is a main folder not a sub folder of program files.

Thanks! I'll give that a shot!

SkipWX10

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2019, 07:08:52 PM »

Just wanted to come back and say thanks again! Loaded ActiveHome Pro and can update the CM15a like the old Win8 laptop.

And, I''m now using Bluestacks to have the WM100 on my new laptop to use when my PP doesn't work due to noise, etc. The Willie may be a brick to some, but it is a robust remote....

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.