Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: LED Recessed Light Retrofit Kit question  (Read 795 times)

soxfan1966

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
LED Recessed Light Retrofit Kit question
« on: May 01, 2019, 07:11:58 PM »

This isn't specific to X10 so wanted to post a general question.

I have a problematic light in my kitchen (over the sink) that has an LED Recessed Light kit in it, with an X10 dimable wall switch.   I've had this for several years.

It always works directly from the X10 wall switch - I can dim, turn on, turn off - all with no issues.  Some of the LED lights will not turn completely off with an X10 switch.

However, it worked sporatically via X10 remote or via the HG android app (and the X10 software before that).

Now it does not work at all via the X10 remotes or from HG.

I want to replace this - preferably with an LED bulb or retrofit kit that will work with HG (does not have to be X10, though I may need to replace the X10 switch I have there if it's not).

Other option is to go back to an incandescent bulb there - which I may also do.

Before I did, I wanted to post here and see if anyone has had any luck with an LED Retroft Kit and X10 and/or HG

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
Re: LED Recessed Light Retrofit Kit question
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2019, 09:30:49 PM »

LED's can be a bit of a crapshoot. Some are fine and some generate a lot of noise swamping X10 signals.  You can try other LED's or add a hash choke on the hot wire from the switch to the bulb but if an incandescent works, that's the simplest solution.

soxfan1966

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2019, 02:51:58 PM »

I ended up removing the LED Retrofit and putting back a regular trim ring and an incandescent flood light and it works just fine.  It gets minimal use so the energy usage should not result in a large increase over an LED bulb.

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2019, 03:49:28 PM »

Simple simple :)%

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.