📱X10 WIFI > 🏥Help & Trouble shooting

App can no longer find WM100

(1/4) > >>

gkamieneski:
Came home from dinner last night to find that the WM100 could no longer be communicated to through the IOS app. I am getting the dreaded red button.

I posted to the log, thinking this may be a server issue, however nobody has confirmed this. I tried having it rejoin my WiFi network unsuccessfully and today I reset the app and the unit to default and tried to install fresh. Still no communication between WM100 and app.

Sure was hoping that it was just that the server was down, but now it seems the unit may be defective. Hope someone has some ideas for me as I have not had this unit that long, probably less than a year.

petera:
Might be best to contact the supplier to request a replacement or refund at this stage. They should certainly be giving you some form of technical support at the very least.

brobin:

--- Quote from: gkamieneski on June 05, 2019, 03:31:56 PM ---
Sure was hoping that it was just that the server was down, but now it seems the unit may be defective. Hope someone has some ideas for me as I have not had this unit that long, probably less than a year.

--- End quote ---

Try for a refund and replace it with one of these bundled with a 2412PLM for 75 bucks:

https://smartenit.com/product/harmony-p2/

-Has Android & IOS apps and a web app. 
 -Works with Alexa and GH.
 -Controls X10, Insteon and ZigBee devices.
 -Clock synced to internet
 -DST, Sunrise & Sunset work correctly and are based on your home location
 -No loss of time or resetting after power outage
 -Multiple homes are supported in one app
 -Sends email & texts
 -10 minute setup
 -Excellent customer support from California offices

I've been using a G2 and a P2 since early March primarily as an Alexa interface and for notifications. X10 should just buy these and slap their name on them and put the WM100 out of its misery.

Notes: -The P2 is Ethernet only. The G1 and G2 support both Ethernet and WiFi.
          -The P2 and G2 have built in ZigBee radios; the G1 can support an external ZigBee radio

ceedee:
brobin,
You have my interest! Can you say more about the G1/G2, wrt the radio?  What pushes me one way or the other?  Thanks.

Knightrider:
Mine hasn't worked for 2 days. Cannot communicate through server.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version