Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: App can no longer find WM100  (Read 5537 times)

gkamieneski

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
App can no longer find WM100
« on: June 05, 2019, 03:31:56 PM »

Came home from dinner last night to find that the WM100 could no longer be communicated to through the IOS app. I am getting the dreaded red button.

I posted to the log, thinking this may be a server issue, however nobody has confirmed this. I tried having it rejoin my WiFi network unsuccessfully and today I reset the app and the unit to default and tried to install fresh. Still no communication between WM100 and app.

Sure was hoping that it was just that the server was down, but now it seems the unit may be defective. Hope someone has some ideas for me as I have not had this unit that long, probably less than a year.

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27
Re: App can no longer find WM100
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2019, 03:55:19 PM »

Might be best to contact the supplier to request a replacement or refund at this stage. They should certainly be giving you some form of technical support at the very least.

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2019, 07:31:42 PM »

Sure was hoping that it was just that the server was down, but now it seems the unit may be defective. Hope someone has some ideas for me as I have not had this unit that long, probably less than a year.

Try for a refund and replace it with one of these bundled with a 2412PLM for 75 bucks:

https://smartenit.com/product/harmony-p2/

-Has Android & IOS apps and a web app. 
 -Works with Alexa and GH.
 -Controls X10, Insteon and ZigBee devices.
 -Clock synced to internet
 -DST, Sunrise & Sunset work correctly and are based on your home location
 -No loss of time or resetting after power outage
 -Multiple homes are supported in one app
 -Sends email & texts
 -10 minute setup
 -Excellent customer support from California offices

I've been using a G2 and a P2 since early March primarily as an Alexa interface and for notifications. X10 should just buy these and slap their name on them and put the WM100 out of its misery.

Notes: -The P2 is Ethernet only. The G1 and G2 support both Ethernet and WiFi.
          -The P2 and G2 have built in ZigBee radios; the G1 can support an external ZigBee radio

ceedee

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2019, 05:37:47 PM »

brobin,
You have my interest! Can you say more about the G1/G2, wrt the radio?  What pushes me one way or the other?  Thanks.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 08:02:51 AM by ceedee »

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2019, 06:40:09 PM »

Mine hasn't worked for 2 days. Cannot communicate through server.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

brobin

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2019, 09:14:20 PM »

brobin,
You have my interest! Can you say more about the G1G2, wrt the radio?  What pushes me one way or the other?  Thanks.

Just to be clear the radio is for Zigbee devices like door locks, Lightify bulbs and many others.

X10 & Insteon are supported through either a 2412U or 2413U PLM. They also have their own PLM with Zigbee built in if you go with the G1 and want to add Zigbee. The P2 and G2 don't need that as they have the internal Zigbee radio. (You can also use a 2412S or 2413S with a serial to USB adapter.)  The difference between the 2412 and 2413 is that the 2413 supports Insteon mesh using PLC and RF to support the dual band Insteon devices.  For X10 it's just PLC either way.

From the time you open the box to the time you're controlling devices is less than 10 minutes - it's easier than operating our washing machine!

Depending on what you want to do - and what you're willing to spend - here's a comparison:

Model   Ethernet   WiFi   CPU Cores   Zigbee Onboard
       P2                   Yes                  No                    1                            Yes
       G1                   Yes                 Yes                    2                             No
       G2                   Yes                 Yes                    4                            Yes

AFAIK, all three run the same app and share the same features and I haven't noticed any difference in speed between the P2 and G2 but I'm only using it as an Alexa/X10 bridge and a few test schedules.  I have both units running in the same app as seperate locations.
The units can see and respond to X10 commands from other devices but I don't think it supports X10 security system codes - I have no way to test that.

FYI, I have no financial interest or incentive in recommending the product. I'm just happy to have found it and see it as a good fit for many of us.  I'm happy to answer questions about my experience with it.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2019, 06:29:57 AM »

The 2412S/U are long gone. They where discontinued years ago.

Smartenit also makes a 2412 equivalent with out Zigbee. The 5010K EZIComm and has a Serial or USB Option.
https://smartenit.com/product/ezicomm/

The 2413U/S PLM may still suffer from a poorly designed switching power supply. They have a history of failing shortly after the two year warranty is expired. We have a very long thread over on the UDI Forums. On how we rebuilt them with quality capacitors designed for switching power supplies.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2019, 07:08:55 AM »

Is the WM100 blue light displaying? I had one which stopped working, unplugging and pluging it back in got in communicating again.
However after several days it stopped again. Authinix replaced the unit and allowed me to keep the old unit so I could experiment with it. I assume it is a bad solder joint but not had time to open up the unit to experiment. The wifi chip simply plugs in and is held in place with a small amount of hot melt glue and can easily be removed and place on another mother board retaining all settings. I've fixed a few dead units this way so I suspect the issue is on the main board.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

brobin

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2019, 09:41:03 AM »

The 2412S/U are long gone. They where discontinued years ago.

Smartenit also makes a 2412 equivalent with out Zigbee. The 5010K EZIComm and has a Serial or USB Option.
https://smartenit.com/product/ezicomm/

The 2413U/S PLM may still suffer from a poorly designed switching power supply. They have a history of failing shortly after the two year warranty is expired. We have a very long thread over on the UDI Forums. On how we rebuilt them with quality capacitors designed for switching power supplies.

At least for now, Smartenit still ships the 2412U with new units at a very good price. The P2 is $60 standalone or $75 with a new 2412U. 

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2019, 03:55:10 PM »

Smarthome makes the 2412U specially for Smartenit. Only they sell it and use its base board in some of their other modules.
They got burned by the 2413 base boards short life. Due to the power supply issues.  :'

brobin

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2019, 08:11:30 PM »

Smarthome makes the 2412U specially for Smartenit. Only they sell it and use its base board in some of their other modules.
They got burned by the 2413 base boards short life. Due to the power supply issues.  :'
I have an older (1.b) 2413U that I'm using with the G2 and based on the earlier post I just placed a "pre-need" order for the caps from an ebay seller in China.  They're sold in packs of 20 so I got enough to fix twenty 2413's (yup, I got 2 packs of the 100uf 50v).  I'll make the extras available to 18 people that need them.

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2019, 10:28:29 AM »

Is the WM100 blue light displaying? I had one which stopped working, unplugging and pluging it back in got in communicating again.
However after several days it stopped again. Authinix replaced the unit and allowed me to keep the old unit so I could experiment with it. I assume it is a bad solder joint but not had time to open up the unit to experiment. The wifi chip simply plugs in and is held in place with a small amount of hot melt glue and can easily be removed and place on another mother board retaining all settings. I've fixed a few dead units this way so I suspect the issue is on the main board.

My blue light is always on. I have to reboot/unplug the unit constantly. I think my problem might be related to my router changing frequencies. I have 5 routers running in the 2.4 GHz range and 2 in the 5. I'm guessing home traffic is confusing things.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2019, 03:11:47 PM »

Do you have the ip of the WM100 reserved in your router that services it? That may help.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2019, 04:34:30 PM »

My blue light is always on.
Should blink orange when X10 is on the lines (?).
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

gkamieneski

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2019, 09:06:09 AM »

Happy to report that I found the problem with my WM100. I lost a switching adapter in a utility company transformer explosion on a localized AP router and with that router down the WM100 needed to be set up again to connect to another AP..

I always had a reserved IP for the WM100 however I guess I had forgotten that the WiFi SSID had to be broadcasting without any MAC address restrictions to be able to connect the WM100 again. The AP it is using is now further away, but so far so good.
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.