Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The X10Hub (PiX10Hub) is here! Created by the Community, for the Community.:)% #:)

Author Topic: Where to investigate new case of HG not opening in browsers?  (Read 53 times)

mike

• Helpful Post Rating: 13

Sometime in the last month my pi HG refuses to open in web browsers most of the time.  I can try switching between my 12 groups and occassionally one or two will open, but most of the time none do anymore.  Same on both browsers tried.

Any suggestions were to begin digging in?

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 19
Re: Where to investigate new case of HG not opening in browsers?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2019, 05:20:57 PM »

Might be best if you post the problem with logs on the authors GitHub (don't hold your breath for a reply anytime soon  rofl ) or you could do the same on the homegenie.club forum where you'll probably have a better chance of resolving your issue. Incidentally have you done a Raspbian update recently. Raspbian Buster is due for release shortly and that should be fun  >!

bkenobi

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 17

I think it may be a cache related issue, but when my system does that, I log onto the HG RPi via SSH and reboot.

mike

• Helpful Post Rating: 13

Have rebooted many times.  Tried all addresses in browser (127.0.0.1, rasbpi, 292.168...:8080.  All 3 browsers...  hg is working fine, just cannot see groups. Can get to settings pages.   Just updated to latest hg.  No change.  Tried changing local host line in hosts file.

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 19

Have rebooted many times.  Tried all addresses in browser (127.0.0.1, rasbpi, 292.168...:8080.  All 3 browsers...  hg is working fine, just cannot see groups. Can get to settings pages.   Just updated to latest hg.  No change.  Tried changing local host line in hosts file.

Mike you know logs are king when troubleshooting. Its a complete crap shoot without them

Launch HG manually from the terminal and watch what is happening as you work way through the browser. You'll probably resolve the matter yourself but if not post a log extract to whatever platform you choose for others to help.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.