💬General Category > General Discussion

I can't stop laughing!

(1/4) > >>

ceedee:
Email today:

-----------
The X10 WiFi HUB IS BACK IN STOCK!  Limited availability. Get it quick while supplies last!

We have just received another batch of our X10 WiFi HUBs.  These units are quite popular and inventory is limited, so get yours quick!

------------

Really?

Brian H:
For the last month or so.
I have been getting email messages about special sales.
I had not gotten any sales pitches for a real long time.

I check my email. I had one waiting for me too.

petera:

--- Quote from: Brian H on July 09, 2019, 06:19:39 PM ---For the last month or so.
I have been getting email messages about special sales.
I had not gotten any sales pitches for a real long time.

I check my email. I had one waiting for me too.

--- End quote ---

Another batch of refurbished returns possibly !!!!

Tuicemen:
The number of people thatuse this as a simple way to use their phone as a remote is enormous. They never attempt to use any of the Wm100 limited options or timers.
This is how I now use mine as it isnt reliable enough for anything else. I also don't believe these are refurbished units which they are offering.
This product was originaly created to test interest in the WiFi to PLC option as a remote. Saddly this unit is unlikely to evolve to anything more then a glorified X10 wifi remote. :(
I last used my WM100 3 months ago and although still plugged in I now have other X10 wifi options I reguarly use.
As long as Athinix still sees interest in this unit they'll continue to distribute it.
Will we see new WiFi X10 modules?
Yes, most definately. Much was learned with developing the WM100 and its software which I hope will make it into these new devices.

petera:
One wonders.

As time is passing less and less users are using X10 as their primary technology. Some of the older home automation players in the market like HomeSeer have relegated their X10 plugins to legacy status and are no longer officially supporting it.

Would introducing a new range of X10 hardware at this stage make financial sense for any commercial entity. One wonders indeed. Could the WM100 be their tombstone  rofl

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version