Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I can't stop laughing!  (Read 2369 times)

bkenobi

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 24
Re: I can't stop laughing!
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2019, 11:08:11 AM »

I know when my front lights turn on before the chime sounds because the clunk echos from the basement!   rofl

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2019, 12:28:30 PM »

rofl I actually used one old clunking module just so I could hear when a specific device turned on at my Off grid place.
I've yet to replace this with one of the more reliable less noisy ones, it is also in the basement and echos throughout the house.
They have their place, no guessing if they turned on or not. rofl.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2019, 06:58:33 PM »

I got a second one today. Saying exactly the same thing.

bkenobi

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 24
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2019, 11:58:17 AM »

That reminded me that I also have 2 in the attic controlling my gable vent fans.  When the one over my bedroom kicks on at night I can DEFINITELY hear it.  I was told the WAF for that fan would increase if I added a check for time of day, but the arduino doesn't have a RTC in it, so not easy without a redesign.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2019, 09:55:16 PM »

...... I now think the way to go is a mix of protocols for ones Automation setup. Saddly nothing I've used is 100% reliable but what I have is close.

With the right hubs and integration.... everyone should be able to run whatever protocol devices they choose.... and they should all play well together. Like others here.... I run a real mixed-bag of automation products. I can't really recall the last time I've had any errors, misfires, or failures.

So MUCH has changed in the last (what?) three years. I no longer look for ways to accomplish/do automation tasks I want to have as part of my set-up as I did [previously] for a decade or more. I now look for ways (or products) that require me to alter my own behavior to incorporate the newer automation activities. I am convinced there is NO WAY a lifestyle [that was] developed prior to today's automation capabilities will find uses for today's automation products.

We have to grow to make room in our lives for today's automation. That might even mean.... figuring out a way to appreciate an AM clunk.  rofl
Home Automation is an always changing technology
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.