Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Latest version HG not seeing security signals?  (Read 3279 times)

mike

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
Latest version HG not seeing security signals?
« on: September 03, 2019, 04:53:33 PM »

HomeGenie Version v1.3-stable.5

I was about to add some schedulers to  my security modules;  I want to text myself (and email)  andy doors NOT closed, 10 minutes prior to when my X10 alarm arms. 

Found they are not being updated!  They are working but HG is not updating when a door opens or closes. 

Posted also to homegenie.club
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 05:01:10 PM by mike »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Latest version HG not seeing security signals?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2019, 08:06:23 AM »

How old are the batteries in the DS10s? Ive had my sensors at my off grid place change their code when batteries get too old or too cold. This is evident in HG when you notice more sensors available then you actualy have.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

mike

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2019, 10:47:13 AM »

How old are the batteries in the DS10s? Ive had my sensors at my off grid place change their code when batteries get too old or too cold. This is evident in HG when you notice more sensors available then you actualy have.

Thanks.  Batts are good.  codes still the same as each door responds when opened with ding-ding from x10 alarm.  And no additional sensors show in HG. 

I need to do some more testing like plug cm15 into windows computer and F2 check that it is seeing the sensors;  have not had chance to yet.

mike

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2019, 03:25:52 PM »

Tested cm15 on windows 10 AHP today:  all DS10 door security sensors reading into cm15 fine.

Found 1/2 of actual ones programmed into HG do NOTHING;  others respond to door test switch. 

Those that do respond show in both "X10 RF" module and in top right corner report of data received.

Those that do NOT respond show in "X10 RF" module and NOT in top right corner report of data received.

There are NO unused security modules reported in module list to install.

To be clear, X10 security alarm sees all modules realtime 100% of the time.

HG is definitely broken on security data received from cm15.

I will report this on HG site also.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 03:29:16 PM by mike »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2019, 07:34:29 AM »

Have you tried removing the trouble ds10s from HG then attempting to readd them?
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

mike

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2019, 09:42:54 AM »

Guess deleting and reinstalling may be next move, although I suspect I will totally break it that way.  A few updates ago DS10 security modules began installing with a battery indicator...

I have no determined that any new DS10's install as a simple battery indicator and not as a security open/closed module...  So if I delete any modules, they will likely come back as a battery indicator.     (:

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2019, 10:11:07 AM »

The battery status is a option and is removable I never had any luck with that working with the DS10s. You may wish to load a backup if you remembered to do one prior to updating.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

mike

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2019, 11:14:47 AM »

any DS10's I delete via maint menu then trigger so HG sees them and adds them to the ADD MODULE list, now get added as battery indicator only, not as open/close...  in addition to the batt pix on the module added to the group, it ONLY triggers on CLOSED - sending 100% battery value.  HG does not report seeing it on OPEN;  reason is the module parameter list no longer shows sensor.tamper.  Instead it has status.battery.

I do not know how to delete this battery module thing...
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 11:21:42 AM by mike »

mike

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2019, 11:24:39 AM »

I found the proper thing in WIDGETS...  looks like I can try to force new DS10's to use it maybe...  nope.  no change
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 11:34:49 AM by mike »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2019, 07:28:57 PM »

I know l played with adding and removing the battery and sensor.tamper at one point.and settings took. If I remember right you can just edit the battery info to the sensor info. If I get a chance Ill have a look to see if I can do it again and post how.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2019, 08:10:00 PM »

Ok figured it out and posted to you thread in HG club https://homegenie.club/t/x10-security-modules-not-updating-in-latest-ver/506
Basicaly go to configuration of the group the sensors are located and click on the 3 bars to the right of the sensor that is showing battery status and change it to read Sensor.Tamper wit a value of zero the save
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

mike

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2019, 09:39:03 AM »

thanks.  I did that once and it did not change it - HG still only reported receiving battery level on close sig.  I'm not too worried about that as HG itself seems broken in this version and that needs fixing.  As long as it does not start reporting doors OPEN when time comes for it to set the actual alarm, it does its job still.  It is just a minor disruption to not be able to look at HG to see status of the doors, like at nite if the alarm is really triggered.  Now I have to go out and around the buildings to find the problem.  I assume the next HG update will catch and fix the fault (I hope).

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2019, 11:04:01 AM »

Surely you could define the widget as a switch. The basic on/off principle that will show your switch widget on when it's on/triggered (door open) and off when it's closed/reset (door closed). You can scan the security sensor code and use it on a toggle on/off basis. You'll then easily see from the GUI exactly what it's status is.

Is the X10 security panel running through a 3rd party like the RM Broadlink or is it interfaced directly with HG. I do know those security sensors never really worked properly directly with HG. I imagine it shouldn't be too difficult getting those sensors working with HG using the RM Broadlink.

bkenobi

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 24
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2019, 11:25:11 AM »

I haven't fully processed the issue you are reporting, but just looking at the last couple posts, it seems clear to me that the issue is that the DS10's are being added with a battery status rather than a switch position.  In other words, if you change the module to the correct type, everything should be correct in your system.  I'm not clear how this is a major bug in HG that the module is being installed wrong.   :o

mike

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2019, 02:00:23 PM »

I haven't fully processed the issue you are reporting, but just looking at the last couple posts, it seems clear to me that the issue is that the DS10's are being added with a battery status rather than a switch position.  In other words, if you change the module to the correct type, everything should be correct in your system.  I'm not clear how this is a major bug in HG that the module is being installed wrong.   :o

Yes, New DS10's get added with battery read function only;  yes, I can change the fields to switch position instead, but that module continues to ONLY post battery data on switch closure.  Never reports switch position at all.  So if one had to use DS10's in HG then they will not work.  I have not found a work around to that.

But more major league bug is this version of HG does not consistently see all DS10 switch positions.  I think I have one out of 10 total that does report open/close:  the rest do not - just stuck on closed (one stuck on open). 

The x10 RF read, although it only reads/shows 80% of the total bytes sent, DOES show correctly for all DS10s when activated either open or closed.  So I believe the cm15 is handing over to HG the proper data but HG is no longer processing it correctly.

When I get the time I will go back a firmware version on HG and lock it in;  until he opens HG input field length to receive ALL security codes for use in macros, I see no reason to continue upgrading firmware from this point forward.
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.