Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Issue setting up ActiveHome Pro macro to send RF commands  (Read 2288 times)

mikeythemars

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Issue setting up ActiveHome Pro macro to send RF commands
« on: October 14, 2019, 04:02:30 PM »

I am trying to resolve an issue with a lamp module not responding to commands in a macro to be instead be controlled by RF commands.  The technique to do that is described in the X10 wiki link below:

http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Setting_the_CM15A_to_Send_RF_Commands

The problem I am having in employing these directions is that the drop down menu the wiki states to use to set up an RF command is different than the one in my original and still functioning copy of Activehome Pro.  The wiki version states that I need to create a new macro and select "RF commands" from the drop down menu on the far right.  Problem is the drop down menu on the far right of my version of Activehome do not show any "RF command" option, even if I go into the "advanced function" submenu.

If I am missing something or anyone has ideas or tips on how to set up the RF command  in Active Home Pro, please let me know.     

« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 06:29:40 PM by mikeythemars »

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Issue setting up ActiveHome Pro macro to send RF commands
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2019, 05:56:19 PM »

What X10 transceiver are you using to receive the X10 RF command and put it onto the power lines for the Lamp Modules control? As the Lamp Module can not process X10 RF command on its own.

Maybe the TM751 as in the Knowledge Base example?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 05:58:29 PM by Brian H »

mikeythemars

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2019, 06:27:16 PM »

The transceiver I am trying to use is a TM751.  I have several of them and all work fine.  Again, the issue I am having with setting up a macro command to be sent via RF is with Activehome Pro, because the version I have appears to not contain any utility or menu to set up an RF command in a macro (or put another way, the X10 wiki example I provided a link to shows a menu option that is not present  ??? in my version of Activehome Pro.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2019, 06:13:13 AM »

Thank you for the added information.
What is the AHP version you have and any AHP Plug-Ins installed?

mikeythemars

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2019, 04:15:11 PM »

I can't find anything in the version of AHP I have that states what specific version it is, even when looking at the file attributes.  What I do know is the version I have is one that was installed in December 2009 on the Dell XP laptop it still resides on.  So if anyone knows the approximate date history of AHP releases, I could probably identify the version I have based on what the most current version was circa December 2009.
l
As far as AHP plugins, I think the only one I have in that 2009 install is smart macros.

I anticipate the feedback I will likely get on this RF in macro issue is that I need to download a more current release of AHP to fix it.  The issue there is I assume the best way to transfer all the existing files and settings in my earlier version of AHP to a more current one would be to use AHP lifejacket?  Or are there other options to copy or move all the existing rooms,device settings and macros from one version of AHP to another?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 06:55:49 PM by mikeythemars »

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2019, 06:23:29 PM »

When AHP opens. It displays loading plug ins. Near the bottom of that display the square box in the middle of the screen. The AHP version is displayed. Along with any active Plug Ins.

You can also pick the Help Tab. The About choice. Will show you the AHP version near the bottom edge of the square box in the center of the screen. Along with any plug ins also loaded.

The latest AHP is 3.318.

Since X10WTI went bankrupt years ago and the registration servers are lost. Any AHP you download will come up unregistered.
Tuicemen has written a program to allow AHP to be registered. Called AHP Lifejacket.

I don't use AHP anymore. I think others will jump in and give you added information.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 06:25:51 PM by Brian H »

mikeythemars

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2019, 07:05:47 PM »

Ok and thanks.  The version of AHP that is on the XP Dell computer is 3.236   And again as far as I can tell,there is no way in this version to set up a macro to contain a command that is executed via sending an RF signal instead of one through the powerline.

Frankly that is frustrating, because even non X10 home automation software (such as home control assistant, which IMHO is the best package out there to integrate x10 hardware with Amazon Alexa) has interface utilities in it that allow the user to set the x10 CM15A interface to send specified commands by either powerline or RF. 
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 09:26:00 PM by mikeythemars »

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2019, 06:23:17 AM »

The last AHP update was to 3.318 on 10/03/2011. X10WTI didn't do much after that. The source files for AHP where not complete when they went Bankrupt and the new owners took over. So I seriously doubt AHP will ever see any more updates.

According to the History Information.
I did see a few macro fixes mentioned in the update list. Though I don't know if your findings was one of the updates.
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/ActiveHome_Pro_Software_Revision_History

V3.318 is available along with the AHP Lifejacket program if you want to try an update.
http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=28795.0

My V3.318 has the RF choice in the Macro Designer Screen

I believe HCA is still being updated for new things. I had one of their evaluation versions and still get update available from email from them still.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2019, 09:07:37 AM »

AHP is  old outdated software and will never be upgraded past the current 318 version.
When X10WTI went under several of the servers were lost with those much of code for AHP  too.
Some code was recovered however even with that it would require a total re write.
Authinx still has the capacity to manufacture the CM15 but noone  in manufacturing  understands the inner workings of it as all those employee's have moved on.

Some like my self have the rcovered AHP code but it uses old obsolete drivers which is difficult to find.
It also require visual studio  C+ 2005 or older to compile once you have all the drivers.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

smatofu

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2020, 11:41:34 AM »

(Maybe it is a common knowledge, but I want to summarize my experience for X10 newbies)
My setup:
CM15A
ActiveHome 3.318
XPCR phase Coupler Repeater Amplifier
---
Of course, there can be only one RF transceiver per house code.
I found that I can send RF commands from CM15A to TM751 only.
Sending any RF command from CM15A to house code covered by RR501 breaks ActiveHome and my home X10 "network". RR501 create problems with RF commands only; powerline commands work correctly.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.