Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Lamp Module quit working, New one doesn't do anything.  (Read 1857 times)

TURBOGNX

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Lamp Module quit working, New one doesn't do anything.
« on: November 10, 2019, 05:19:42 PM »

I have an SC1200 with 2 keychain remotes and a PSR01 remote. I've been using a LM465 Lamp module for years with no problems and then it just stopped working. I replaced it with a AM466 which is better suited to LED lights and when I plug it in nothing happens. I have matched my PSR01 to the same settings as the module and tried all 4 channels & the all lights ON/OFF plus the 2 keychain remotes and still nothing. I have tried different outlets, power strips, and appliances but nothing works. I have yet another new module coming but I want to make sure I'm not missing something.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: Lamp Module quit working, New one doesn't do anything.
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2019, 05:33:02 PM »

Sounds like it might be an electrical noise problem or the SC1200 itself. Usually when you change outlets the problem goes away if the test outlet is on a different breaker.  Try plugging the LM or the AM in the same outlet as the SC1200 and see if it works. If so, it is probably noise. Search the forum for "noise" or check the "Troubleshooting tab here:
http://jvde.us/x10_troubleshooting.htm#x10_troubleshooting

JV digital Engineering has excellent, easy to follow, troubleshooting.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2019, 07:54:22 PM »

One added point.
The AM466 does not respond to an All Lights On or All Lights Off command. It should respond to an All Units Off command.
It should respond to the four standard buttons on the lower part of the PSR01. If the House Code is the same as the House Code Dial and Unit 1-4 depending on which button you tried.

I have not used an SC1200 in awhile so I don't know what it sends out with the All Lights On and Off commands at the moment. I will see if I can find out tomorrow.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 06:36:06 AM by Brian H »

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2019, 09:11:45 PM »

I know it's obvious but did you test the bulb plugged directly into an outlet?  I've overlooked that myself once or twice.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2019, 09:10:19 AM »

Are you using the SC1200 as the transceiver for all your remotes to the power lines? If it is the common module used for all the remote tests it maybe the one with the issues.

Can you control any modules or are all not working?

Can you control the modules with the SC1200's Keypad Buttons?

Can you control a module plugged into the same outlet as the SC1200?

Did some tests.
AM466, Radio Shack 49-1000 {SC1200 OEM from X10}, KR32A, SH624 Security Remote.
Console sends an On and Off to the House Code-Light Code and House Code-Light Code+1 setting.
AM466 set to House Code and Light Code set in the console.
AM466 flashed On and Off for Exit Delay, Panic and Alarm. From Console, KR32A and SH624.
AM466 Turned On and Off with the SH624 Light On Off button and Manual Button on the lower part.
AM466 Did not turn On and Off with the KR32A Lights On Lights Off Buttons.
AM466 Did turn On and Off with the KR32A if set to the House Code and Light Code+1 Unit Code.
Signal tests showed the KR32A sent the HC,LC+1 On and Off.

I would also look for noise makers or signal suckers as mentioned earlier.

I have some files with the captured X10 messages on the power lines if you have any questions.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 09:28:24 AM by Brian H »

TURBOGNX

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2019, 11:26:01 AM »

Well this keeps making less and less sense. The only thing that quit working was the Lamp module so I replaced it with the Appliance module in the same outlet the LM was plugged into (which is the same as the SC1200 is plugged into). Now the new module and a replacement I just got today do nothing whether it is plugged into the same outlet or any other outlet in the house.Before I could set the alarm and the light would come on for exit and I could use any of the 3 remotes to turn the light on and off. Now I can't turn on anything plugged into these modules (appliances or lights and even tested each to make sure they work in the outlet I was switching to) no matter what settings, outlets, or remote I use. B:(

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2019, 01:53:52 PM »

Have you spun the housecode and unit code wheels arround a few times before setting to the same house code as the security module?   Since  your console has been set and working for some time are you sure the house code on the replacements are the same as the console? If you used a different house code in the console then the default of A that would be why the replacements aren't working.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

TURBOGNX

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2019, 03:49:05 PM »

Yeah, I tried turning both wheels around a couple of times and then setting them. SC1200 is still on A, both keychain remotes are set for 2, and my PSR01 remote using A-2 (same channel as the original LM) but nothing works. I even set the new module to 1-4 and tried using the corresponding channel on the PSR01 and still nothing.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2019, 06:15:50 PM »

The keypad buttons on the SC1200 also do not work with the new modules but are OK with the older still working ones?

TURBOGNX

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2019, 09:45:57 PM »

I only had the one lamp module hooked up.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2019, 09:05:19 PM »

Now the new module and a replacement I just got today do nothing whether it is plugged into the same outlet or any other outlet in the house.... Now I can't turn on anything plugged into these modules (appliances or lights and even tested each to make sure they work in the outlet I was switching to) no matter what settings, outlets, or remote I use. B:(
Unless I missed something, I think your SC1200 just got audited (AKA broke).
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

TURBOGNX

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2019, 10:18:01 AM »

I believe you're right. I was doing more testing and came up with the same idea. I contacted X10 tech support and asked if it was possible that the transceiver portion of the SC1200 was no longer working and he said it's possible that the unit is dying and that was the first to go. Last night every once in a while the unit would chime like one of the door sensors was tripped and then at 4am the alarm goes off when everything is secure. Looks like I'm buying a new control unit.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2019, 05:59:53 PM »

It does sound more and more. That the SC1200 maybe failing.
Hope the new one fixes all the issues.

I had an SC1200 that the LCD display went out and was impossible to use.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.