Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: SC9000 X10 Security Console and HomeGenie  (Read 12322 times)

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27
SC9000 X10 Security Console and HomeGenie
« on: November 27, 2019, 05:15:53 PM »

As promised I managed to secure the above with 5 different types of sensors on eBay for the equivalent of $30 dollars. It's now fully up and running configured for Homegenie. Arming/Disarming from a wall mounted tablet and no need for third party products like Broadlink or HA Bridge to achieve the sending of RF codes to the console from HG via the CM15.

If you need any further details just post here.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: SC9000 X10 Security Console and HomeGenie
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2019, 06:19:07 PM »

SC9000. That is a European version of our SC1200.
Took a look at its manual. May have a few options we may not have.
Glad you got it working and I am sure others will find your information a great help.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2019, 06:42:57 PM »

It should be noted the European cm15 is a different animal then the CM15A. The European version has a far superior rf transceiver and I believe is also is capable of IR.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2019, 07:02:36 PM »

SC9000. That is a European version of our SC1200.
Took a look at its manual. May have a few options we may not have.
Glad you got it working and I am sure others will find your information a great help.

Yes I wanted to investigate its integration with todays home automation software a little more. Obviously the console is quite basic by today's standards but it's fitted in with HomeGenie nicely. The visual representation of the console on a panel does look quite well and of course it's now working well with all the other aspects of todays home automation which it was never really designed to do.

The old POTS connection for dialling out and in is managed by an RJ11 outlet on my router which incidentally knocks out a 1gb/s connection. The old and the new working together. I have to say it was certainly a nice piece of kit in its day and it's now triggering notifications by dial out phone, SMS and email which is no real mean feat when you think how old it is. I borrowed a remote pendant, scanned the RF code which means I don't need to own one now as all the remote work is carried out by HomeGenie.

What features have you noticed that may be available on this console that may not be available on the SC1200.

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2019, 07:05:23 PM »

It should be noted the European cm15 is a different animal then the CM15A. The European version has a far superior rf transceiver and I believe is also is capable of IR.

Are you saying that the CM15a is not capable of IR. That's strange indeed. I assume it's doing RF TX/RX though.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2019, 07:09:38 PM »

Yes the Cm15A is not capable of IR or learning any radio codes.
The Cm14A was but never put into production due to patent issues dealing with the ir/rf.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2019, 07:22:25 PM »

Yes the Cm15A is not capable of IR or learning any radio codes.
The Cm14A was but never put into production due to patent issues dealing with the ir/rf.

That's amazing. Assuming its on the 310mhz band it's not reading any 310mhz IR or RF remotes. How does it cope with the standard wireless X10 remotes. I'm assuming it handles them somehow. Are you referring to security codes.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2019, 06:51:23 AM »

it sees the X10 rf and has a limited set of sending but can't learn. AHP software enabled the security rf learning and sending.
When X10 Security codes were added to the SDK I was told it was not for the North American market and would not work with the CM15A
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2019, 08:01:14 AM »

it sees the X10 rf and has a limited set of sending but can't learn. AHP software enabled the security rf learning and sending.
When X10 Security codes were added to the SDK I was told it was not for the North American market and would not work with the CM15A

So assuming you have the arm/disarm codes sniffed from somewhere are you saying you can't send these codes directly from HG via your CM15a to the SC1200 using this something like this

/HomeAutomation.X10/RF/Control.RfSend/29 98 97 86 79 61 80

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2019, 08:29:11 AM »

If the CM15a won't do the RF side of things for you it might be worth considering the W800 unit. The beauty of this is that HG already has inbuilt support for it.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 11:27:59 AM by petera »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2019, 07:34:33 AM »

Ahp added what ever was required to a security string so A security console could see the cm15a signal. I don't need a extra piece of hardware to do any rf or ir as the broadlink does that for me. I had started to code so Hg could send directly to the broadlink without HA-Bridge but it still needs a bit of work. HA-Bridge  is used here for alexa and it works better then the broadlink skill for me. So Im in no hurry to get my HG code tuned in
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2019, 09:49:14 AM »

Ahp added what ever was required to a security string so A security console could see the cm15a signal. I don't need a extra piece of hardware to do any rf or ir as the broadlink does that for me. I had started to code so Hg could send directly to the broadlink without HA-Bridge but it still needs a bit of work. HA-Bridge  is used here for alexa and it works better then the broadlink skill for me. So Im in no hurry to get my HG code tuned in

Are you confirming that you can’t scan your SC1200 remote rf code directly into HG.

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2019, 12:13:30 PM »

I'm not suggesting extra hardware or software. I'm suggesting replacing the CM15a with a W800 http://www.wgldesigns.com/w800.html It can do the whole IR/RF thing which effectively means you could do away with the Broadlink device to send and receive RF directly to and from your SC1200 via HomeGenie. Clearly you are making external API calls to HomeGenie using a combination of your Broadlink and the HA Bridge. Why introduce all that unnecessary external overhead when everything can be carried out internally in HomeGenie,

Have you confirmed that you can't scan the RF code from your SC1200 Security Remote into HomeGenie directly. Are you even getting a partial code scan. Since RF Send was introduced into HomeGenie a while back, RF Send works fine here via the CM15 Pro. RF both ways without PL intervention. I know it was mentioned that the CM15a doesn't have the ability to do this but has it actually been tried. If you already have an SC1200 security remote code have you tried to create a Wizard Script to send the code in the format
/HomeAutomation.X10/RF/Control.RfSend/29 98 97 86 79 61 80 . That's my Arm code for the SC9000

On a side note, the network calls from Broadlink are phenomenal. If you are able to monitor the network traffic with your router/firewall you'll see what I mean. If not you can use this very handy utility https://blog.cryptoaustralia.org.au/instructions-for-setting-up-pi-hole/ and use it as a dedicated Ad Blocker as well. It's output is a real eye opener as to what is arriving at your network's door

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2019, 09:34:26 AM »

I can send rf commands and ir commands directly to my broadlink from HG, HA-Bridge isn't  needed for that. I use HA-Bridge strictly for Alexa.
I don't  have a SC1200 but the older DS7000 however the remotes work for both. I have used HG to scan the remotes and can get the codes and I did play with arming and disarming a little but never got it working 100%. Since I already had the broadlink working there was no need for me to play with it anymore.

I'm glad you have the X10 security console seeing security codes from your HG.  I hope others can as well.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2019, 11:01:19 AM »

So it’s HG to Broadlink and Broadlink to your security console. Just as a test have you tried sending that code you learnt into your Broadlink directly from HG to your security console. I’m assuming you used something like RM Bridge to extract the security RF codes from your remote.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.