Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: SC9000 X10 Security Console and HomeGenie  (Read 12317 times)

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27
Re: SC9000 X10 Security Console and HomeGenie
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2019, 04:28:56 PM »

Yes this definitely works with the North American DS7000. I don't have a newer security console but the same codes should work in newer models.

Yes I’ve received enough reports to verify that HG RF Send is now communicating directly with the X10 security console. There was some confusion (not from my end I can assure you) about the external api web call from a browser being used as the test metric but that was already confirmed a while back. This was purely an internal HG RF Send command to the X10 security console via the CM15 and CM19 and both are confirmed working now.

Codes can be extracted easily once the user has the RF Send set up correctly. You could say this would confirm that their setup is functioning correctly. I don’t generally post codes on forums. Encourages lazy practices as far as I’m concerned.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2020, 02:59:15 PM »

Due to soxfan1969 resent findings I had to revisit this and using the exact codes supplied by petera and substituting the blanks with dashes I sent the commands to my Ds7000. Ahd what do you know it armed and disarmed. ::) :'
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2020, 06:10:04 PM »

Due to soxfan1969 resent findings I had to revisit this and using the exact codes supplied by petera and substituting the blanks with dashes I sent the commands to my Ds7000. Ahd what do you know it armed and disarmed. ::) :'

So how come you came to the conclusion that RF Send didn't work with the Security Console in the first place which lead to users buying a Broadlink as an intermediary to get this working. This whole episode is really puzzling. What did you base your original test results and subsequent findings on. Could you share them here assuming you still have them.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2020, 06:32:09 PM »

So how come you came to the conclusion that RF Send didn't work with the Security Console in the first place which lead to users buying a Broadlink as an intermediary to get this working. This whole episode is really puzzling. What did you base your original test results and subsequent findings on. Could you share them here assuming you still have them.
I have answered that question many times to you, in many threads and different forums. As you say to others its all there in front of you!
How is it that you came to the concussion that you had to use spaces? Did you ever try with dashes?
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2020, 06:39:50 PM »

I have answered that question many times to you, in many threads and different forums. As you say to others its all there in front of you!
How is it that you came to the concussion that you had to use spaces? Did you ever try with dashes?

No. I actually assumed that format didn't work as APPARENTLY you did all the testing on that front so I ruled that out. In hindsight I should have known better.

Maybe it would be more productive spending your time on situations like this rather than working on the next method the users can employ to install HG.

As I mentioned earlier I'll gladly leave it all to you now. Who knows the next time I look in the project may well have progressed beyond the installation stage. >!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2020, 06:59:52 PM »

I'm not sure how I could do testing on the security sends when I couldn't capture the code?
My captures were always missing parts if they captured anything at all. This maybe due to the age of the Cm15 I was using. ::) :'
There is no need to spend any more time on this. Your findings work as do mine, neither one of us is wrong.
Maybe it would be more productive spending your time on situations like this rather than working on the next method the users can employ to install HG.
rofl
Maybe it would be more productive spending your time on situations that matter rather than proving someone else's methods are wrong.
 >!

Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2020, 07:33:15 PM »

I'm not sure how I could do testing on the security sends when I couldn't capture the code?
My captures were always missing parts if they captured anything at all. This maybe due to the age of the Cm15 I was using. ::) :'
There is no need to spend any more time on this. Your findings work as do mine, neither one of us is wrong.
rofl
Maybe it would be more productive spending your time on situations that matter rather than proving someone else's methods are wrong.
 >!

Whatever you say sir.

You're on so many forums I don't know how you keep track. I certainly don't need a lecture on HG from your good self but thanks for the advice anyway. I'll keep those three troubleshooting pointers from you in mind when it comes to X10 though, signal suckers, line noise and update to the latest version. They seem to cover all bases on this forum.  :)%

LostDog88

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2020, 10:42:19 PM »

[/quote] rofl
 >!
[/quote]

:)% :)% :)%
 rofl rofl rofl rofl
 #:)

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2020, 08:29:00 AM »

rofl
 >!
[/quote]

:)% :)% :)%
 rofl rofl rofl rofl
 #:)
[/quote]

Good luck with the next problem you encounter with your Pi X10 hub. Your loss not mine  rofl rofl rofl
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.