Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: NEED HELP. TRYING TO REWIRE WIFI CAMERA TO WIRED  (Read 4836 times)

Bbop676

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
NEED HELP. TRYING TO REWIRE WIFI CAMERA TO WIRED
« on: December 24, 2019, 09:07:25 PM »

Hi. I have sn Amcrest wld895 extra camera but dont have the wireless touch screen that it pairs to.
I just wanna wire it to component or such but the only wired in it are the power snd mic. No indication of where the video out is. Ive tryed finding schematics on it to no
avail.

Can someone help me please

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: NEED HELP. TRYING TO REWIRE WIFI CAMERA TO WIRED
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2019, 01:05:16 PM »

.... I just wanna wire it to component or such but..... No indication of where the video out is...

Likely isn't (is not) a video out. Just a radio signal. There is no compelling reason for the maker to 1st create a video... then convert it to radio.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

toasterking

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
  • We adore chaos because we love to produce order.
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2019, 10:04:34 AM »

There is no compelling reason for the maker to 1st create a video... then convert it to radio.
And yet, X10 has done just that.  I took apart one of the older X10 wireless cameras with analog 2.4GHz video sender (I think it was the XCam2) and found that the cable going from the base to the CCD unit carries power to the CCD unit and composite video back to the base, so it was easy to convert to wired.  I was also able to pump my own video from another source into the 2.4GHz radio sender.  I don't have the details on that anymore.  My thought was that at one point, standalone wired camera modules may have been much cheaper and more common than wireless cameras, so maybe X10WTI combined one with a video sender for less cost than designing and building a fully integrated wireless camera and was still able to pass some of the overhead on to the customer because there weren't many competing options available.  That's likely no longer a cost-efficient way to compete in today's market, so I wouldn't count on any modern designs doing this.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2019, 03:40:05 PM »

I do remember some of the X10WTI wireless cameras. FCC schematics did show a separate RF board in it with a video board and sometimes also an analog input also.

I did see some users routing the video out of them for a direct connection to a video monitor.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2019, 10:22:46 PM »

There is no compelling reason for the maker to 1st create a video... then convert it to radio.
And yet, X10 has done just that.  I took apart one of the older X10 wireless cameras with analog 2.4GHz video sender (I think it was the XCam2) and found that the cable going from the base to the CCD unit carries power to the CCD unit and composite video back to the base, so it was easy to convert to wired. ......

Yeah.... I remembered something about the X10 cams and that too. Puck converted some cams I believe:    http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=13139.msg73205#msg73205]

That was a few years ago. Usedtocould (I believe is the term) be able to do a lot of things. But with the newer more advanced(?) tech... it is often a waste of time to do much at all except for what the device was intended (sadly).
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.