Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Alex10  (Read 4014 times)

mike1

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Alex10
« on: January 02, 2020, 03:58:13 PM »

Hi Tuicemen

Happy New Year.  Question for you, this morning computer reboots. But tries to open your app Alex10 hangs, then it shows up very large on the screen. Something has been corrupted? Bridge? 

Thxs
Mike

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Alex10
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2020, 06:52:55 PM »

Happy New year!
I've not maintained Alex10 for some time now, there were just too many variables to deal with in order to maintain the Program.
However there are a couple of things you can look into.
Open your web browser and navigate to HA-Bridge and be sure your running the latest version
In the Alex10 data folder there is a x10devicesettings.xml file that contains Alex10 settings, the server port is what HA-Bridge is located at and should now be 80.
It is possible this file has become corrupt if the PC suffered a hard (improper) reboot.
it is possible that the habridge.config file in the same folder has also become corrupt though that should only affect HA-Bridge Alex10 may have locked up unable to start HA-Bridge.
You should be able to open and read both with Windows notepad if you can't view one chances are it has become corrupt.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

mike1

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2020, 10:53:12 PM »

Hi Tuicmen,

So I checked x10file it has port 80.  What other files should reside in the data folder ?

In the root folder I should have the Ha-bridge.jar  latest version of course. java ? I believe the bridge got corrupt.

can you send me the latest Alex10 link so I can download a fresh copy.

When I open Alex10 its not picking up the Ha-bridge ? So I might have it in the wrong place, also I get an error looking for Java 8. If I recall that remains with the program files ?

Thanks again I need to get away from Alex10, what is the best other way I have a whole house filled with x10 devices.  Again thanks again for your time and effort !!!

mike1

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2020, 11:54:55 PM »

Hi Tuicmen,

Where can I download the latest version of Alex10, I believe build 1.55 ?   thxs Mike

mike1

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2020, 01:23:45 AM »

Hi Tuimen,

Ok got everything back. So I'm able to control thg he devices through the bridge but not Alexa. I'm either missing something or a compatibility issue. Running 5.3 bridge.

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2020, 01:39:25 AM »

Try removing all the X10 devices in the Alexa app and then tell Alexa to "Discover devices" again.

mike1

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2020, 01:45:14 AM »

hi Brobin

I did do that, is there something in the bridge that I need to activate ?

thxs
Mike

brobin

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2020, 01:56:34 AM »

Did Alexa discover the devices ok?

I replaced Alex10 about 9 months ago with the PiAlexaHub (for awhile) so I'll try to remember what I can. 

-Make sure the port number for HABridge is entered correctly in Alex10;
-Make sure you have an updated version of Java running;
-Make sure you've made all the HABridge entries through Alex10 setup.
-Make sure the X10 devices only appear one time in the Alexa app. If they appear more than once delete all and rediscover.

Reboot the PC and start Alex10 again.

Hope this helps.

mike1

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2020, 02:17:01 AM »

hi Brobin

i checked everything you stated, but alexa tells me check network connection and power supply when I ask her to turn on an x10 light, was working up to this morning when my computer crashed.. I rediscovered all devices thru alexa again, checked port etc.   thxs

brobin

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2020, 02:23:36 AM »

Are you using port 80 for Alex10/HABridge? Does anything else use port 80? if you're using port 80 try another port like 8080 or 9999.
Did you reboot the PC? That can make a difference.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2020, 08:14:16 AM »

HA-Bridge and thus Alex10 can now only use port 80 for Alexa to work, using another port will not work.
I now use a PI for my Alexa and Google Home voice assistants. 
I run the PiX10Hub on a $5 raspberry pi (now $12). this does all my automation and voice control
using HomeGenie and HA-Bridge

I created an Alexa Hub image for use in a PI for those that just wanted Voice control (no automation)
This uses HA-Bridge and mochad. It like the PiX10Hub was created for easy integration Of Alexa into a X10 system. However I believe the PiX10Hub is now even easier to setup for Alexa due to improvements in HA-Bridge
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

mike1

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2020, 05:12:16 AM »

Hi Tuicemen
I was able to  get all the devices to be discovered by Alexa, only issue now is i give alexa a command.

Alexa executes and confirms but nothing turns on? Ideas? Yes using port 80

Thxs for your help,

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2020, 07:18:03 AM »

In the Alexa app you need to forget (remove) each device one at a time. Forget all doesn't work correctly once you have all devices in Alexa stop HA-Bridge and run  a discover devices. Alexa shouldn't find any x10 devices. if it does remove the device. and attempt a discover again. once no X10 devices are found start up HA-Bridge and run a discovery again. this time all devices should be seen and be able to be controlled.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

mike1

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2020, 12:06:04 PM »

Hi Tuicemen

I did I removed all the devices from my android phone, stopped bridge. But used ha bridge/ echo dot to find devices.  Found them but now Alexa is no thg see I'll ng them.  Should I do a verbal find devices vs doingmot on yh ed bridge?  Thxs again very frustrating!  Greatly appreciate your help!!!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2020, 12:34:15 PM »

In the Alexa app if no devices are being discovered and HA-Bridge with devices configured is running on port 80 then you most likely have a firewall rule that needs to be addressed.
stop HA-Bridge then go into the Windows firewall rules and remove all java rules, old ones can interfere with new ones. Once all are remove start HA-Bridge, Windows should detect the java application and ask if you wish to allow it click yes.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!
Pages: [1] 2 3

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.