Login with username, password and session length

Poll

Have you customized the look of HG?

yes
- 1 (100%)
no
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: Have you customized HG?  (Read 1467 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Have you customized HG?
« on: January 07, 2020, 05:10:04 PM »

I remember a thread in the AHP thread which asked how users had AHP setup rooms or house codes or some other way and what was best.
Naturally it was which ever way worked best for the end user.
Home genie is highly customizable you can change themes, icons, wallpaper, widgets, programs display order ,groups.... the list goes on.
I'm just wondering if you have customized the look of your HG in anyway or just use the default theme, rooms and wallpaper.
I guess there is no need to customize if you set it and forget it. however I check My setups daily even if just to view cameras.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

edjal

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Have you customized HG?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2020, 01:10:02 PM »

I have customized HG for a slightly different look and for my specific home automation usage. I have changed wallpaper, deleted modules I never used added modules that I do use, setup scheduler for my purposes, edited groups. The edit or add widgets I never did figure out. If I would bind to a different module it always seemed to default back to original module, If I added new widget and module it didn't respond to on off commands so I gave up on them.

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2020, 01:15:40 PM »

I have customized HG for a slightly different look and for my specific home automation usage. I have changed wallpaper, deleted modules I never used added modules that I do use, setup scheduler for my purposes, edited groups. The edit or add widgets I never did figure out. If I would bind to a different module it always seemed to default back to original module, If I added new widget and module it didn't respond to on off commands so I gave up on them.

Are you back up running in HG again with your CM15 sending X10 RF signals.

edjal

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2020, 01:26:06 PM »

No I'm not up and running as of yet. I have family functions keeping me busy for a couple of days. I'll get back to probably in a few more days. Thanks for asking I appreciate it.

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2020, 01:36:24 PM »

No I'm not up and running as of yet. I have family functions keeping me busy for a couple of days. I'll get back to probably in a few more days. Thanks for asking I appreciate it.

In the time it took to post and respond you could have been half way through that install  rofl Only joking  :)% Enjoy your family time and I think I'll have some family time now too  >!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2020, 03:58:10 PM »

Sound like you want a real basic setup. Creating or editing widgets can be tricky you need an understanding of html and java neither of which I'm an expert with. adding new widgets which have been created by others is as simple as pointing the import widget to the zip file. don't unzip as HG does that.

Just for kicks I tried removing widgets, programs, and groups which were included in a vanilla HG just as you had. This resulted in a unresponsive HG. So there are some programs that are best left in HG. You can disable them just don't remove them as their code is intertangled in HG. The big one I think is the Weather program with maybe the security one next.
Now I know there will be someone that will try to show I'm wrong and it is the PiX10HuB images fault. I'm just stating what happened to you also happened with me. And that this was with a vanilla install of HG on Buster using petera's cut and paste HG install method.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.