Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: CM15A only turns things off not on?  (Read 4663 times)

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
Re: CM15A only turns things off not on?
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2020, 09:57:33 AM »

Don't know if JVDE is still making them, but the XTBIIR is the undisputed pinnacle of X10 PLC signal coupler, booster, repeater.  http://jvde.us/xtb-iir.htm

At IRS inventory time there were 71 XTB-IIR/+ units left.  Almost half were the + version.  At the current rate they should remain available much of 2020.

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days

DrJimM5

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2020, 10:41:33 AM »

dave w yeah it's driving me crazy as to what is the problem. While it could be me, the activity log shows a ton of signals sent at the times things are supposed to be going on, so I'm at a loss. One would think if my units are of the wrong module type, they would not work as they do with auto-off and manual on/off. What's confusing as hell is if the command is coming out of the program to go on, how is it not "passing through" the CM15A like it does for auto-off and manual on/off? Makes no sense but I'm ready to give up. I did delete all the modules and erase CM15A data stored. I will re-enter some for tonight and see what happens. If still nothing then maybe I will take you up on the loaner offer. TY!

DrJimM5

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2020, 08:00:25 AM »

Update:  so it turns out that the type of module was the problem. Even though I had tried other "no soft start" modules that didn't work, some trial and error has me currently using from the Pro Modules group one of the outlets shown. I guess it has to be that the signal sent is different?  The other thing that is also different is when I set up new Timers, I unchecked the box for "download" so right now it's the program sending commands and not the interface memory. I plan to test these things further to find the "real" truth, but at least all my lights went on last night and off. Thanks for the input along the way!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2020, 08:09:50 AM »

Nice to see your back running. 
Hopefully the memory hasn't  been dammaged however if your connected to the Pc 24/7 there is no need for it. X10 WTI never shared code to download to the cm15 so only AHP can do it. Do let us know the results of your further tests.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!
Pages: 1 2 [3]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.