Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Proper Config. of X10 RPi Buster  (Read 6553 times)

edjal

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Proper Config. of X10 RPi Buster
« on: January 24, 2020, 06:17:29 PM »

I have been deleting most of programs pre installed in buster Hg. For example I don't use weather security and alarms all lights on or off, energy monitor, so I delete them. I delete demo virtual modules ect.  My setup is really compact X10 A2 Furnace, X10 A6 Fam Rm Lights,  x10A4 Exterior Lights, and a X10 MS16A motion sensor. I see there is a x10 page pre loaded with all x10 A modules that I activated in settings. Should I delete all A modules from page I'm not using? I see tuicemen tools pre loaded  in programs, I would not touch these as they appear to be very helpful. I have no Idea what duck dns or ha bridge, or broadlink is used for and if they are needed with my simple setup.  Please advise what not to delete of items I mentioned.  Thank You

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Proper Config. of X10 RPi Buster
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2020, 06:54:01 PM »

you can remove any programs you don't use I configured house code A in the PiX10Hub image as most newbies use that house code. You can remove the X10 group page without affecting a page that you have those modules configured in.
However when removing things Always have a back up image SD card handy and ready. duck dns,  ha bridge, or Broadlink isn't needed and can be safely removed. they can always be re-added  once (if) you expand your setup.
If you don't use Alexa you can disable HA-Bridge from the CLI by typing in
Code: [Select]
sudo systemctl stop ha-bridge.service then
Code: [Select]
sudo systemctl disable ha-bridge.service
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

edjal

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2020, 08:27:34 PM »

Is there a setting in the new HG I may be missing. RF commands are not being activated from my X10 HR12A remote. When I attempt activation using remote lets say A6 fam rm lamp  the light does not respond nor does it show up in top R corner of HG screen. I have selected CM15A as my port and selected x10A codes and it is enabled.

edjal

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2020, 09:02:35 PM »

I did go into module settings cogwheel of X10 A6 selected remote then chk marked enable remote then attempted a capture using HR12 A remote but the rf is not transmitting for some reason to CM15A and HG

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2020, 07:27:51 AM »

I suggest you click program then scrill down to the HG manual and do a bit of reading. What your doing has nothing to do with the cm15a sending RF. The cm15 not responding to RF has nothing to do with HG. If you press your Remote and nothing happens you either need new batteries in your remote or you have a Issue with RF noise or your cm15 is broken.
If HG reports that the cm15 seen the signal and the device turnedon/off in the software but the light never came on/off then you have a plc noise or signal sucker issue.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

edjal

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2020, 11:04:28 AM »

Thank You for your advice. I did go into the manual IR/Rf remotes section before posting thats where I got the idea of turning on RF in module settings.               HG is not reporting RF signal from any of my remotes all with fresh batteries installed, the modules wont respond at all either. It leads me to believe that at the same time my SD was corrupted the other night somehow, There probably was some kind of blip that also damaged the CM15A also. 
     I was mistakenly under impression that after downloading the new X10 RPi buster the RF had to be turned on in HG somehow. The earlier ver. of Buster petediscrete helped me install had no issue with RF. RF was OK right  out of the box. I had no RF trouble with Stretch lite my first HG install either.
     PL commands are reporting in HG and modules do respond to PL commands. I will at this point invest in another CM15A as all evidence points in that direction.
    Your help and expertise is greatly appreciated.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2020, 11:07:55 AM »

Before you go the route of a new cm15 take the cm15 to another outlet that's has a X10 light also plugged in and press the Button for the light on a remote if you can turn the light on and off the Cm15 isn't damaged.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2020, 11:09:03 AM »

make sure nothing is attached to the cm15 usb port not even the cable.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2020, 12:18:53 PM »

Before going to any further expense and already proving that your RF Send is working using my install instructions, I suggest getting a different card and using my install instructions to setup HG again. All my instructions are simple copy/paste and take approximately 1 hour from start to finish. This will rule out any other issues you may think you have before wasting any more money unnecessarily.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2020, 12:25:08 PM »

I may be wrong but I think only AHP can turn off the RF to PLC in the cm15 for any or all house codes.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

edjal

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2020, 12:40:12 PM »

Tuicemen I just tried your suggestion plug CM15 into same socket as X10 A6 light disconnected the USB cord from CM15A and activated X10 rf remote A6 on/off a few times and no signal received in HG  and the light did not respond. I have a laptop with AHP unregistered installed. I will do a google search on how to activate RF in AHP to see what it says. If all else fails I will try petera's suggestion re installing his buster on a new sd before I purchase new CM15

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2020, 12:44:30 PM »

Tuicemen I just tried your suggestion plug CM15 into same socket as X10 A6 light disconnected the USB cord from CM15A and activated X10 rf remote A6 on/off a few times and no signal received in HG  and the light did not respond. I have a laptop with AHP unregistered installed. I will do a google search on how to activate RF in AHP to see what it says. If all else fails I will try petera's suggestion re installing his buster on a new sd before I purchase new CM15

Would it be quicker and simpler to follow my suggestion. Your CM15 didn't just suddenly fail.

Just two questions. Is English your first language and are you European or North American based.

edjal

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2020, 12:57:19 PM »

Hello Petera I am N American. I just read the AHP instructions and I didn't see how to turn on or off details just how to setup AHP with CM15A. Before installing HG for the first time I cleared all modules macros and memory several times so hopefully the problem does not lay with AHP software. I am going to use petera's RPi buster install instructions on a different card. Will check back when completed.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2020, 01:00:06 PM »

How would the Cm15A talk to HG without the USB plugged into the PI? That was not the point of the exercise.
The point was to see if the Cm15 was relaying RF to the powerline. And to be sure you didn't introduce any powerline noise or signal suckers.
Since the plugged in X10 controlled lamp lamp didn't come on via the remote when it was plugged into the same outlet as the Cm15A your issue is the Cm15A. It isn't software related AHP maybe able to fix it  using the transceived option set to all house codes though I'm doubtful.

Would it be quicker and simpler to follow my suggestion. Your CM15 didn't just suddenly fail.
And yet it has failed for one reason or another.
I doubt a reinstall of HG on a new SD image will help but I've been wrong before.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2020, 01:53:01 PM »

How would the Cm15A talk to HG without the USB plugged into the PI? That was not the point of the exercise.
The point was to see if the Cm15 was relaying RF to the powerline. And to be sure you didn't introduce any powerline noise or signal suckers.
Since the plugged in X10 controlled lamp lamp didn't come on via the remote when it was plugged into the same outlet as the Cm15A your issue is the Cm15A. It isn't software related AHP maybe able to fix it  using the transceived option set to all house codes though I'm doubtful.

And yet it has failed for one reason or another.
I doubt a reinstall of HG on a new SD image will help but I've been wrong before.

Indeed but he had it working using the manual install instructions I supplied. It's not working now so let's see if one hours work saves him all the hassle of having to set up his CM15 on AHP on a Windows system.

To test if a CM15 is working outside of the HG application all a user has to do is use a web automation call on a browser bar. The XtenLib drivers are already installed.
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.