Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: OpenWeatherMap to include Today's High Temp forecast and Feels Like Temp  (Read 5914 times)

bkenobi

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 24
Re: OpenWeatherMap to include Today's High Temp forecast and Feels Like Temp
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2020, 10:32:28 PM »

This is great! I am going to look more into open weather map now since weather underground changed. I'm still missing the precipitation totals which is really important to me.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2020, 07:49:23 AM »

Gene included much of the data available in the openweather api in this weather underground replacement, it just was never all added to the widget. Soxfan1966 and I began looking into the openweatherĺ api and possible pulls about a year ago. As I was working on the WeatherAlert program. We noticed the humidity pull was missing and added it to the three day forecast and allowed it to display in the header. Soxfan1966 has continued playing with the widget adding some of the info Gene never made use of and done a great job with.
This is a good example of how the end user can customize existing HGwidgets. It also shows HG has alot of hidden possibilities just waiting to be tapped into.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 02:28:34 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

soxfan1966

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2020, 12:07:30 PM »

Here is an updated version with a slight fix for the rain info - in the original one, the icon was still displaying even when the value was not. This fixes that

Pages: 1 2 [3]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.