Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: X10 RF code format  (Read 7567 times)

soxfan1966

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
Re: X10 RF code format
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2020, 02:51:47 PM »

I updated my programs earlier - see my first post today - so the A12 code was different and it did not work.  Reverting back to the code from the txt file did.

And the program gets triggered by the PLC signal, then transmits the A12 RF on then pauses 4 seconds.

It works.   And I don't know why the A12 on command from the txt file works for me but the one from the X10 controller didn't but tuicemen seems to have confirmed my findings.

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2020, 02:57:56 PM »

As Gene supplied the RF codes I posted with the dashes and lower case letters I suspected they would work and since the RF send was added after the RF sniff. it is easy to see that both would work.
I had never tested these but I just had to now since petera is so adamant that they don't work.
soxfan1966 I can confirm your findings.
The codes work with the dashes and lower case letters however you can't send spaces and lowercase or send uppercase with dashes.
there also seems to be a typo with the A12 on and off codes.
It is true HG sees codes sent to the CM15 and displays them with caps and spaces but both methods work for sending. It is all in how Gene coded HG.

That's great news. How come they didn't work with the Security Console. So can we try dots and dashes as separators too  rofl  Starting to sound like the basis for morse code.  :)% So Gene designed the RF Send function around information you supplied him with. Is that correct. So there's no differentiation in lettering convention. I'm outta here..........my head is aching. I'm not surprised soxfan1966 is in a pickle  rofl

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2020, 03:00:57 PM »

the real test is run a device that only sees RF like a tm751 or the security console arm/disarm.
It will prove you can use dashes.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2020, 03:06:26 PM »

That's great news. How come they didn't work with the Security Console.
Dashes do work with the security console.

So Gene designed the RF Send function around information you supplied him with. Is that correct.
No as I've stated several times Gene supplied the RF codes to me after he coded the CM15 RF send into HG. I only posted on the forum what he supplied me.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

soxfan1966

« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2020, 03:06:45 PM »

I'm not in a pickle - things are working.  I started this thread to verify what I was doing, which I believe I have.   Tuicemen is very helpful, and almost always in a pleasant and helpful manner.

Petera, you seem more interested in proving you are right as opposed to helping.  You are both helpful overall but take different approaches.  The idea here is that people ask questions and get answers, and hopefully that information helps others.

However there can at times be an overly negative tone on feedback from some people and I think that just prevents people from posting questions - which is unfortunate because its possible their questions and the answers received would help others.

This is not a competition to see whose right more etc but a forum to help others.   I do my best to ask questions and try and help others too, and I very much appreciate the assistance I have gotten here.

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2020, 03:12:48 PM »

That's great news. How come they didn't work with the Security Console.
Dashes do work with the security console.

So Gene designed the RF Send function around information you supplied him with. Is that correct.
No as I've stated several times Gene supplied the RF codes to me after he coded the CM15 RF send into HG. I only posted on the forum what he supplied me.

Do you have a copy of what he supplied. I want to go back to the GitHub to see where this played out so I can make some sense of it. We were all clearly told by various posts that RF Send didn't work on the Security Panel yet with a bit of investigation I saw that was incorrect.

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2020, 03:19:44 PM »

I'm not in a pickle - things are working.  I started this thread to verify what I was doing, which I believe I have.   Tuicemen is very helpful, and almost always in a pleasant and helpful manner.

Petera, you seem more interested in proving you are right as opposed to helping.  You are both helpful overall but take different approaches.  The idea here is that people ask questions and get answers, and hopefully that information helps others.

However there can at times be an overly negative tone on feedback from some people and I think that just prevents people from posting questions - which is unfortunate because its possible their questions and the answers received would help others.

This is not a competition to see whose right more etc but a forum to help others.   I do my best to ask questions and try and help others too, and I very much appreciate the assistance I have gotten here.

I've nothing to prove here. What I have no time for is BS though. Throwing out solutions based on nothing but guesswork is not my style. Your original question was a little vague but I now see what your problem is even though you say everything is working fine. I'll gladly leave all your problems to Tuicemen but do bear in mind that after over a year he is still pondering ways of installing HG when clearly the project requires a little more than that.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2020, 03:26:33 PM »

I don't believe that was posted in GitHub I had sent him a email after the RF was added and he responded with the codes I posted I'll see if I still have the email.
The issue I believe with the Security code is most of us were not getting the complete code or no code when trying to learn.
I had been trying using to use the wizard RF capture which is hit or miss (at least for me).
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2020, 04:11:43 PM »

Well looks like I dumped that email. :( however what caused from my questioning the RF send was his add of the Cm19 code to HG.as Originaly the cm19 could see and send RF but the CM15 could only see it and react to it.
I asked if there was away to add the RF send code that the Cm19 used to the Cm15 as from my experience they sent the same code.
I believe you helped with the add of the Cm19 to HG as well, And if I remember correctly  Gene had no cm19 to test  perhaps the cm19 code uses the dashes and when he combine the send into the Cm15 code it wasn't changed for spaces it is easier to just add one line of code to respond to both dashes or spaces then to change all X10 codes.

Possibly if you go through the cm19 issues you may find a clue, to me it is irrelevant. HG works. Could it use a total rebuild sure most things can benefit from that.  >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2020, 04:44:33 PM »

Well looks like I dumped that email. :( however what caused from my questioning the RF send was his add of the Cm19 code to HG.as Originaly the cm19 could see and send RF but the CM15 could only see it and react to it.
I asked if there was away to add the RF send code that the Cm19 used to the Cm15 as from my experience they sent the same code.
I believe you helped with the add of the Cm19 to HG as well, And if I remember correctly  Gene had no cm19 to test  perhaps the cm19 code uses the dashes and when he combine the send into the Cm15 code it wasn't changed for spaces it is easier to just add one line of code to respond to both dashes or spaces then to change all X10 codes.

Possibly if you go through the cm19 issues you may find a clue, to me it is irrelevant. HG works. Could it use a total rebuild sure most things can benefit from that.  >!

Dumped the email?? Shame seeing as this is the basis for this confusion. I'll drop Gene a message on the subject for clarification.

Yes I suppose you could say I "helped with the add of the CM19" as I was the one that requested it in the first place.

The fact that something appears to work doesn't mean it actually works as it is supposed to and doesn't future proof it in any way.

I'm now going to have to trawl through the CM19 driver code to see exactly what method was used to define the Hex codes. Thankfully i have the assistance of another experienced HG coder to do this. In the meantime maybe Gene can verify this if or when he replies. I do know that he now has a CM19 to help with this verification.

I want to get to the bottom of this. Nothing worse than heresay and loose ends when it comes to a project. I'll leave the rest of the HG troubleshooting to you on the X10 Forum. The users here are of a very delicate disposition and I wouldn't want to upset them any further  rofl You can assume the role of the 24/7 support bot  >!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2020, 06:20:40 PM »

I want to get to the bottom of this. Nothing worse than heresay and loose ends when it comes to a project. I'll leave the rest of the HG troubleshooting to you on the X10 Forum. The users here are of a very delicate disposition and I wouldn't want to upset them any further  rofl You can assume the role of the 24/7 support bot  >!
soxfan1969 started this thread stating his setup was running fine there was no issue.
He asked for some confirmation in what he had discovered nothing, more nothing less. Rather then attempting to confirm his findings it was you that stated he had a issue and problem.
There is no confusion, here say nor loose ends with this other then what you perceive.
The fact is RF works both ways there is nothing wrong with that.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2020, 06:31:42 PM »

soxfan1969 started this thread stating his setup was running fine there was no issue.
He asked for some confirmation in what he had discovered nothing, more nothing less. Rather then attempting to confirm his findings it was you that stated he had a issue and problem.
There is no confusion, here say nor loose ends with this other then what you perceive.
The fact is RF works both ways there is nothing wrong with that.

Sure thing if Tuicemen says so  >!

soxfan1966

« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2020, 06:42:14 PM »

Look Petera, I appreciate you trying to help.  But at this point the back and forth is not productive nor is it helping.   Let's just all take a.deep breath, take a step back, and move on.

Thanks
Pages: 1 2 [3]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.