Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Anyway to factory reset Leviton HCM06 or HSM10 switches?  (Read 1023 times)

JeffW

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Anyway to factory reset Leviton HCM06 or HSM10 switches?
« on: February 24, 2020, 03:37:37 PM »

Hi,

I have a number of late 1990's, early 2000's Leviton HCM06 and HSM10 switches. A few of them have been acting kind of flaky lately, and I was wondering if there is a way to perform a factory reset on them?

Thanks for your help!

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
Re: Anyway to factory reset Leviton HCM06 or HSM10 switches?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2020, 04:26:20 PM »

JeffW

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2020, 06:24:08 PM »

The front and back lights will stop coming on when our motion sensors trip, while the side-yard lights work fine. It often seems like they forget their X-10 codes as I can reset the codes and they seem to work for a while, then stop again. I'm just trying to think of things I can try to fix them.

I've looked at getting replacements on ebay, and they always seem to say "tested and factory reset". I didn't know if that simply means they've been set back to X-10 code A1, or if there is an actual reset that can be performed somehow.

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2020, 09:27:10 PM »

Unfortunately, the term "tested and factory reset" on ebay often means they just blew the dust off.  rofl

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2020, 09:38:27 PM »

I've looked at getting replacements on ebay, and they always seem to say "tested and factory reset". I didn't know if that simply means they've been set back to X-10 code A1, or if there is an actual reset that can be performed somehow.
Do not believe there is any kind of "reset" on these. I believe they were made by X10 and branded for Leviton. If Jeff Volp happens to see this, he can provide an "in the know" answer as I believe he uses them.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2020, 12:51:27 AM »

Do not believe there is any kind of "reset" on these. I believe they were made by X10 and branded for Leviton. If Jeff Volp happens to see this, he can provide an "in the know" answer as I believe he uses them.

Actually, I used their predecessor in our home - the "red line" series that has code switches.  Those have been working flawlessly for almost 2 decades.  If yours are not working reliably I would suspect a nearby powerful noise source or very weak signal level.

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.