Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Best media streaming tv box?  (Read 7919 times)

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
Re: Best media streaming tv box?
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2020, 12:01:34 PM »

5G should put an end to data caps and may bring an end to a lot of wired connections. There is a cell tower 5 miles from my off grid place. I too am looking forward to 5G.
Unless it's something like T-Mobile's low band 600MHz flavor of 5G ("only" 140mbps) 5 miles may as well be 50 where mm wave ("true" 5G) is concerned. Sadly, high band 5G will be pretty much limited to decidedly ON grid places for the time being. 

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Best media streaming tv box?
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2020, 09:37:54 AM »

So my FireTV stick arrived and been playing with it.
I have 2 Amazon user accounts one setup on Amazon.com and one setup on Amazon.ca this was done originaly to get my echo devices to have access to skills only available in the US market.
When I ordered my FireTV stick I inadvertently ordered it ising the .com account and added prime. This gave me access to all US content however Canadian content was not accessable. If I unregistered the Firetv  from the US user and registered it to the  .ca account I got access to Canadian content and was able to install those channels. Problem was I lost access to prime video & music ::) :'  I then switched users again and found because I had not reset the stick to factory I had access to all but one Canadian channel :)%. These channels come up as not registered to the user but still work.
I rememeber from the early Alexa times ot was possible to change users locations to different countries. It took abit of playing but I did find the setting. So I now have access to both American and Canadian content. This makes me wonder if changing the setting to another country would gain me more content, not that I need it.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!
Pages: 1 2 [3]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.