Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RSS Feed Reader  (Read 2024 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
RSS Feed Reader
« on: March 08, 2020, 06:51:47 PM »

Soxfan1966 had originally looked into this for displaying stocks and sports scores.
It is from his workings with iframes in widgets which led me to creating the MagWeb widget & Web View program.
from that I started to dig a little deeper and found a web tool that took a RSS feed and spit out code to turn it into a iframe code. It resulted in this which is still a work in progress.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 06:53:31 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
Re: RSS Feed Reader
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2020, 01:15:09 PM »

I've changed up a few colors ( to may it a bit more readable) and added code to allow the RSS feed to auto pull the latest feed I'm still looking for a method to hide the scroll bar but still allow scrolling. Also though having the feed auto scroll through the entries would be cool but have not found a method that works. The codes for this are on my forum for anyone wishing to play with it.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 01:58:15 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2020, 06:43:53 AM »

Last night I played a bit more with RSS and the RSS feed from this forum and other SMF forums.
 Initially this wouldn't work but I remember it working in my pre build tests B:( Seems HG doesn't handle some characters well in a rss url. A conversion  of those characters makes it work so I need to do that in the code. Also I got thinking I'll want more then one feed most likely and in the current form that's  not possible so Ill have to rework this to allow more then 1 instance creating virtual modules. ::) :'
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 07:47:17 AM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2020, 04:10:54 PM »

At my off grid place for at least a week so I won't have much time to spend on this I suspect. However checking my local feed I found the program was refreshing before I was able to read all lines. This means an option for setting the refresh time needs to be added.  If anyone else would like to test this out and post suggestions for improvements I'd appreciate the feed back. Latest build is on my forum >!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2023, 06:30:39 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.