Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Genie garage door opener with Aladdin Connect  (Read 6777 times)

bkenobi

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 24
Re: Genie garage door opener with Aladdin Connect
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2020, 02:36:14 AM »

Based on your marketing here, you may have single handedly converted as many as 3 new users to Amazon Prime members. Congrats!

Tbf, I think most people are already prime members for either the streaming or free shipping, but go ahead and put it in your books anyway. Nobody will notice.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2020, 03:16:42 PM »

Based on your marketing here, you may have single handedly converted as many as 3 new users to Amazon Prime members. Congrats!

Tbf, I think most people are already prime members for either the streaming or free shipping, but go ahead and put it in your books anyway. Nobody will notice.

rofl :)% Amazon announced that it now has more than 150 million paid Prime members worldwide. And it was all likely by word-of-mouth suggestions from Amazon users..... ALL OF WHICH probably stemmed from my recommendations.  rofl :)%

The original Luddites were merely self-interested, murderous, thugs. Today's modern Luddites seem to be fearfully paranoid about the power of free markets. And of course how free markets tend to create large successful corporations (temporarily). I applaud the success of Amazon. Not that I genuinely approve of the Amazon model (not the one I would have created). But it is the one that seems to work best... for almost everyone involved (for now).

Free markets have always scared a segment of society that feels disassociated (from the rest of society). And there will always be those among us, who would drag the entire culture back into caves. It's all normal.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 09:41:45 PM by HA Dave »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2020, 03:43:11 PM »

:o  ???  ::)  :'  >*<

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2020, 06:29:04 PM »

A-w-w-w ALRIGHT! I CONFESS!

I am a closet Luddite. HA Dave has suspected it for a long time and has hammered away at me to come out (of the 1800's).  I can't keep living this secret life any more. I am going to go buy some WeMo's.  ;D
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

HA Dave

« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2020, 09:40:15 PM »

I am a closet Luddite. HA Dave has suspected it for a long time

If that's what you think I've suspected you've COMPLETELY missed the point.

Just like The Dog Whisperer (Cesar Millan) knows how dogs think... so does countless other dog trainers (and many plain old dog lovers). They know and understand dogs weaknesses and strengths.

And every human who has ever cared to learn... knows how people think. Currently (the American) government has spent a fortune trying to get the edge on how populations think... and how that can be exploited. Are you a "closet Luddite"? Let me point out... no one has a "special brain" that excludes the Luddite thought processes. And if you AREN'T making an effort to recognize those thoughts and deal with them as a grown adult... with purposely directed thought. Why would you call that a "closet" Luddite? 

bkenobi

• PI Expert
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2020, 11:37:01 PM »

For someone implying all these thing about others being luddites, you are very well versed. Interesting.  Maybe you can suggest Amazon in your next meeting that marketing tale the same acusitory approach with the puppy masses.

HA Dave

« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2020, 08:27:12 AM »

For someone implying all these thing about others being luddites, you are very well versed. Interesting.  Maybe you can suggest Amazon in your next meeting that marketing tale the same acusitory approach with the puppy masses.

Often times..... like with your post above. I have no idea as to what you are trying to convey/post/say. Although I think you might be attempting to insult me. But your words don’t make sense.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2020, 09:17:33 AM »

I am a closet Luddite. HA Dave has suspected it for a long time

If that's what you think I've suspected you've COMPLETELY missed the point.

Just like The Dog Whisperer (Cesar Millan) knows how dogs think... so does countless other dog trainers (and many plain old dog lovers). They know and understand dogs weaknesses and strengths.

And every human who has ever cared to learn... knows how people think. Currently (the American) government has spent a fortune trying to get the edge on how populations think... and how that can be exploited. Are you a "closet Luddite"? Let me point out... no one has a "special brain" that excludes the Luddite thought processes. And if you AREN'T making an effort to recognize those thoughts and deal with them as a grown adult... with purposely directed thought. Why would you call that a "closet" Luddite?
Uh...my comment was supposed to be humorous. Guess I missed the target. Next time I will use the proper emoji    rofl
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 09:20:48 AM by dave w »
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

bkenobi

• PI Expert
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2020, 11:24:40 AM »

You're not the only one misinterpreted around these parts.   :'

HA Dave

« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2020, 11:26:13 PM »

Uh...my comment was supposed to be humorous. Guess I missed the target. Next time I will use the proper emoji    rofl

Sorry. My apologizes... I over reacted. I hate it when I fail to see the humor.

Recent events.... of a far more deadly-serious nature... just hammers home (to ME) the human inability to understand... or recognize... a paradigm shift. Things drastically change around us.... and yet good, serious, intelligent people keep trying to pound the new square pegs into the old round holes. Some people just can NOT change. Maybe it's a gene of something.

On the bright side of the current pandemic (see I do have a sense of humor).... much of the USA government spying and attempts to learn large group control... is proving to be a complete failure. I'd even guess... much of the digital infrastructure already in use... to track and monitor nearly every 1st world human may not be considered worthwhile in future budgets. So... just think of all the tin foil some people might save.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 11:28:42 PM by HA Dave »
Pages: 1 2 [3]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.