Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Phone Tracking  (Read 4057 times)

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Phone Tracking
« on: April 13, 2020, 11:24:49 PM »

Heard today of a join venture with Google and Apple to fight the corona virus. A new "app" from the dynamic duo is to be introduced soon. It will supposedly use Blue-Tooth to log range-contact with other "phones". So... if you share a joke at the water cooler (with a co-worker), lunch downtown (with a friend?), a ride in the car with a.... well you know. There will be a record.

Of course... it wasn't made clear WHERE this record will be kept. But it was suggested that the record of contacts may only last a limited amount of time... maybe only two weeks. Because... of course... this "app" is only designed to track virus contagion.

My thought was who can't wait to download such an app? Or maybe better... who in their right mind would want a government agency tracking their every move. My guess... this "app" will just be a part of a regular phone update. It likely was.... the update I received a couple weeks ago.

So.... while some people worry and fret about "hackers"..... or Amazon listening to what shows play on the TV. The governments of the world (did I mention these apps are in use in Asia already?) have back-doors into every device we're in contact with. Remember... Amazon can only sell you stuff. The Government can lock you up.     
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 11:18:15 AM by HA Dave »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

beelocks

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
Re: Phone Tracking
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2020, 12:32:40 AM »

Remember... Amazon can only sell you stuff. The Government can lock you up.   

This is true, but neither of them can deliver :)
Although my explanations may not be exactly clear, I do hope for slightly less cloudy.

HA Dave

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2020, 11:17:15 AM »

Remember... Amazon can only sell you stuff. The Government can lock you up.   

This is true, but neither of them can deliver :)

Not been my experience with either. I guess there are areas in the world that don't benefit from Amazon delivery. But where on Earth have people NOT received benefit from American's... in one way or another. American-style freedoms and liberty are perhaps Earth's greatest resource for mankind (IMHO).   

I'll never understand why some people are so fearful of the most vulnerable (vendors). And yet so welcoming and trustful of encroaching tyranny.   

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2020, 01:37:09 PM »

Beelocks comment didn't  say the American people but Governments there is a difference.
Though Amazon and Governments do deliver (if I qualify) in my case, it is not when advertised. ::) :'
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

HA Dave

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2020, 06:32:43 PM »

Beelocks comment didn't  say the American people but Governments there is a difference.
Though Amazon and Governments do deliver (if I qualify) in my case, it is not when advertised. ::) :'

So then.... if I understand your post correctly.....

You're completely OK with The American Government tracking every movement you make as well as our listening into, recording, analyzing, and meta-tagging every phone call you make. Well OK then. I guess not everyone has the same feelings about liberty.

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2020, 12:29:46 AM »

You're completely OK with The American Government tracking every movement you make as well as our listening into, recording, analyzing, and meta-tagging every phone call you make. Well OK then. I guess not everyone has the same feelings about liberty.

Mr. T lives in Canada so I don't think "The American Government" will be interested in him.  >!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2020, 07:22:31 AM »

No! You didn't  understand my post nor (IMO) did you understand beelocks. Both I believe were not intended to support any type of a conspiracy or erosions of ones freedoms.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

HA Dave

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2020, 08:54:33 AM »

No! You didn't  understand my post nor (IMO) did you understand beelocks. Both I believe were not intended to support any type of a conspiracy or erosions of ones freedoms.

What?? "conspiracy"????? The USA is BRAGGING about doing this... not a rumor. We're going to track your every movement Tom. Please show me where you noted ANY concern? I understand "conspiracy" is a trendy and word to throw around... but doesn't in any way apply to my posts.

The American government is in NO WAY... attempting (or even considering) eroding any [natural] freedoms. Rights to privacy and freedom of movement have been deemed VOID... canceled, gone, over.  But you guys worry about Microsoft, and other large corporations... because... I don't know. Maybe because it requires no effort and there is absolutely zero chance of retribution.   
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 09:06:48 AM by HA Dave »

HA Dave

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2020, 08:58:31 AM »

Mr. T lives in Canada so I don't think "The American Government" will be interested in him.  >!

I know.... you claim to be an adult... and so I accept that your really are. But so many of your posts read like your a 14 year old boy. What adult (from this planet) would have such a naive view of any government? Or.... are you JOKING... yet again?

I've known Tuicemen for years. I know where he's from/at/etc.. That's one of the things that confuse me the most. I can almost understand an old patriot like myself accepting a little over-reach by the government of a nation I live in, love, and is part of my DNA in many ways. But why does so many others... turn a blind eye to such actions... and instead pretend "corporations" (or cloud servers) are scary. I don't get it.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 09:11:00 AM by HA Dave »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2020, 09:55:29 AM »

Resistance is not futile!
When it becomes so we'll all be Borg  rofl
I did not express a concern because it doesn't and will not affect me.
Those that wish to comply without a fight have already lost. Your freedom of movement is not gone! Unless your caught.  rofl
Modern tech is not required for every day life it is a convenience. I don't  have a phone glued to my side nor a micro chip inbedded in my body (yet) ::) :'
If governments can already track your every movement why is it so hard to catch some criminals or terrorists?
Saying your going to do something does always come true.
I'm not sure how microsoft comes into play here but Im also not worried about it or any large corporation as you suggest. (Yet)

Your OP referred to an app which requires a phone which must be carried at all times inorder to work correctly. The premise that a cell phone needs to be with you at all times isn't  something I'll  ever buy into. I WILL RESIST!!!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2020, 10:14:43 AM »

Your OP referred to an app which requires a phone which must be carried at all times inorder to work correctly. The premise that a cell phone needs to be with you at all times isn't  something I'll  ever buy into.

Same here.  While I do own a cellphone, it lives in my backpack for emergency and traveling.  It costs just $10 for 120 days of activation, and I only turn it on when I want to use it.  I have used if for AllTrails, but prefer my Magellan GPS.

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2020, 10:21:52 AM »

I know.... you claim to be an adult... and so I accept that your really are. But so many of your posts read like your a 14 year old boy. What adult (from this planet) would have such a naive view of any government? Or.... are you JOKING... yet again?

I've known Tuicemen for years. I know where he's from/at/etc.. That's one of the things that confuse me the most. I can almost understand an old patriot like myself accepting a little over-reach by the government of a nation I live in, love, and is part of my DNA in many ways. But why does so many others... turn a blind eye to such actions... and instead pretend "corporations" (or cloud servers) are scary. I don't get it.

I think your last sentence (emphasis added) says it all.  BTW, I've never claimed to be an adult - or even from this planet for that matter - just old.  And yes, I like to joke, hence my never claiming to being an adult. ;D
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 10:23:27 AM by brobin »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2020, 11:47:40 AM »

Micheal Moore suggested America will have the last president with Trump. Saddly it is looking more likely each day. America is headed down the road to dictatorship under the disguise of Democracy just how Germany did with Hitler.
Tump has already stated his word is law and final several times. Luckily some governors from both parties are resisting.
America intelligence agency's knew about the corona virus and its impact back in November. Trump is a smart man, why did he wait to restrict flights? He can put the blame on WHO all he wants fact is he knew what was going on before WHO as did other governments.
This app is just one more tool he now has at his disposal, disguised to protect the public.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2020, 12:35:17 PM »

Trump is a smart man, why did he wait to restrict flights?

Wow!  If you remember, Trump got all sorts of flack from shutting down flights from China when he did.  Unfortunately, he should have shut down flights from Europe too as most of the spread into New York came from there.

There was an excellent article on the timeline of when things were done:

https://thefederalist.com/2020/03/31/the-real-coronavirus-chronology-shows-trump-was-on-top-of-it-while-biden-was-mocking-the-danger/

And as late as March 9 Fauci said it was OK for healthy people to take a cruise.  And now he criticized Trump for not shutting down things sooner.

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2020, 01:51:48 PM »

Tump has already stated his word is law and final several times. Luckily some governors from both parties are resisting.
America intelligence agency's knew about the corona virus and its impact back in November.
Trump is a smart man, why did he wait to restrict flights?
He has backed off on that.
They knew about the virus by leaks from Wuhan, but I don't think they had the virus dissented yet.
I think he was distracted by "Russian Collusion" and impeachment.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.