Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Buster PiX10Hub is here! Created by the Community, for the Community.:)% #:)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Disabling an X10 Security Sensor temporarily  (Read 274 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 271
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
    • Tuicemen Forum
Re: Disabling an X10 Security Sensor temporarily
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2020, 07:00:13 PM »

Have a look at the fun with flags thread in the user created HG addons section. I created a addon which adds 16 virtual devices you could ise as flags.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Find extra info @ My forum

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 20
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2020, 08:07:43 PM »

OK, dumb follow up question for the day:

"How does one go about creating a virtual device in HG? "

If you installed HG from the HG site your virtual devices are already created for you. All you need to do is edit them to suit your own needs.

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2020, 08:15:25 PM »

I am following this thread with some interest on the X10 security sensors. Anywho, I use Homesser, not HG, but assume the process pretty identical. In HG create an Appliance Module since all you want is an OFF-ON function. Use any unused X10 HCUC in your system. Then control this virtual device with the security sensor output. Then apply your conditionals to the Appliance Modules address. Basically you are using a X10 address as a logic flag.

Iím familiar with HomeSeer too and the process is not quite the same. As I mentioned in a previous post a standard HG installation factory install presents you with predefined virtual devices which can be easily edited and reused as needed.

The flag concept doesnít really apply here. From what I can gather flags were used in AHP to make up for its shortcomings in handling logic. Not being a user of AHP but looking at its constructs I can see why.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Tuicemen Forum
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2020, 06:10:58 AM »

Actualy a flag and virtual device are very much the same they do nothing but show status in ones setup. However virtual devices in HG can be dresses up to show more then on/off status.

Before X10TWI programers added flags users like myself were using dummy (phantom, virtual) modules to act as virtual devices or flags but due to AHPs design these had to have a X10 address. Virtual devices in HG are not limited to 16.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

soxfan1966

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2020, 06:13:41 AM »

So....   Once I got HG up and running I went thru and deleted programs, widgets and modules I thought I was never going to use.  The Virtual Modules were among those.  I can try and get them back (someone could export them and share them and I could import them), or I can try tuicemen's suggestion of the flags (not sure if I need the same virtual modules for that or not).  Was going to try and play around with that today.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Tuicemen Forum
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2020, 08:22:23 AM »

The fun with flags program is virtual modules same code is used.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

soxfan1966

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2020, 08:25:28 AM »

OK, thanks.  I just downloaded that form your forum and will give it a try.

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2020, 10:36:56 AM »

So....   Once I got HG up and running I went thru and deleted programs, widgets and modules I thought I was never going to use.  The Virtual Modules were among those.  I can try and get them back (someone could export them and share them and I could import them), or I can try tuicemen's suggestion of the flags (not sure if I need the same virtual modules for that or not).  Was going to try and play around with that today.

Just to get you started import the hgx file at the end of this link http://old.homegenie.club:8080/www.homegenie.it/forum/index8390-3.html?topic=670.0
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.