Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: CM15A Timers  (Read 2066 times)

ColdnFrosty

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
CM15A Timers
« on: May 21, 2020, 11:40:01 PM »

I have some very simple timers set up using AHP 3.318 and the CM15A. Turn on at dusk and turn off at some fixed time later in the evening. What appears to be happening is that the turn on time never happens at dusk. Rather the turn on time occurs around 3 hrs earlier each day. Day 1 instead of 8:03p. it turns on around 5p, then the next day at 2p and the following day around 11a. What is going on?? Thanks.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: CM15A Timers
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2020, 05:48:42 AM »

Is AHP registered?
If not tegister it using ahp lifejacket.
It has been some time since Ive used AHP but there is a security setting somewhere for timers which if checked varies the on time to give a lived in look while away. Be sure that is not checked.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

ColdnFrosty

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2020, 08:37:29 PM »

It was registered, but on a drive that I no longer have.  I ran through the AHP Lifejacket (thanks), so I'll see if that helps. I also cleared the CM15A and reloaded it. The three modules are set to come on at dusk and turn off later in the evening. Tonight, the modules came on at 7:30p rather than 8:10p which is what the schedule in AHP showed as the on time for this date and location at dusk.

Any other thoughts?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2020, 06:20:20 AM »

Check your time zones to make sure I AHP to be sure they haven't somehow got changed. Dusk / Dawn times don't seem to work corectly for most with AHP unregistrred. As I said I've moved away from AHP and not used it in some time. 
I now run Home Genie from a raspberry pi.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

ColdnFrosty

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2020, 04:59:41 PM »

Time zone is set correctly. Today, they turned on at 4:55p. I found the old hard drive which I used to clone the current SSD. Same drive ID since it was cloned. I might just copy all the AHP files back over from the HD to the SSD.

ColdnFrosty

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2020, 07:54:59 PM »

I copied all the files over from my old drive, and recreated the timers. Same darn problem again. Timers turned the lights on about 33 min before dusk rather than at dusk, and shut them off about a half hour earlier than the set time. Today, they turned on 3 hrs earlier than dusk.

These all used to work fine.

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2020, 08:12:10 PM »

I copied all the files over from my old drive, and recreated the timers. Same darn problem again. Timers turned the lights on about 33 min before dusk rather than at dusk, and shut them off about a half hour earlier than the set time. Today, they turned on 3 hrs earlier than dusk.

These all used to work fine.

Never used AHP before but just a long shot. Assuming your CM15 is not failing, clear the memory of everything in AHP, unplug your CM15 from the USB port and mains, remove the batteries for about ten minutes. Replace the batteries and reconnect your CM15 to the USB port and mains outlet and upload your timers again.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2020, 10:43:44 AM »

Speaking of batteries. If your running your CM15 connected to your PC 24/7 they aren't  required. If your running disconnected make sure they are good  a long power outage will drain them.
Ive not ran batteries in my cm15 in at least 10years probably longer.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 10:45:29 AM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

PatZ

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2020, 04:53:15 PM »

@ColdnFrosty would be interested, how you solved your issue as I am experiencing similar problem. Suddenly dusk/down timers are messed up while it worked without issues for years. Battery is still ok, cleared all memory and cached commands, checked time of interface - all looks normal.
In addition F2 shows the timers have been executed as per correct dusk/down time, however it all seems to be delayed by 3-4 hours.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 05:06:39 PM by PatZ »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.