Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Buster PiX10Hub is here! Created by the Community, for the Community.:)% #:)

Author Topic: auto turn off of lights  (Read 304 times)

mike

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
auto turn off of lights
« on: October 27, 2020, 02:27:29 PM »

I am using Tuicemen's 'smart emailer' that uses AddFeature to add his required email choices to each module. I THINK that AddFeature adds that choice to EVERY module?  Seems so. 

So if I want to add one more feature to each module, do I have to add it to the smart-emailer startup list or can I can make a new program and add it there?  If I do new program, then does it add to each module also or erase the smart-email features and replace them with my new one?

I swear I saw a new built in program in one of the last HG updates that added this auto turn off program, but it is not there on my new SD buster install.  But good news is this is an example program in Gene's help section that I can copy and paste into a program myself and try... 

I wonder if there is a source of HG programs already made we can browse?  Seems like that would be a great thing to have!  Rather than reinventing each time.

But my concern is I do not want to break Tuicemen's great smart-email program in the process.

mike

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
Re: auto turn off of lights
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2020, 02:56:52 PM »

Hmmm...   I found the github repository with some programs... 

found https://github.com/genielabs/homegenie-packages/tree/master/packages/Smart-Control/EvolSmartLight

looks like it can do the job with added feature of motion resetting timer so it stops turning off before finished in the room... 

It also answered my question above in that it ADDS a 3rd set of parameters to the modules and should not bother my smart-emailer.

Tuicemen, feel free to delete this whole thread if you want?  I am slowly learning...

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 272
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
    • Tuicemen Forum
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2020, 05:03:38 PM »

The smart emailer program can be expanded on to provide more options that is the idea behind open source code.
If you mess something up in a HG addon program while playing with the code simply delete the addon program and reinstall the addon.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Find extra info @ My forum

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 272
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
    • Tuicemen Forum
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2020, 05:24:41 PM »

I just checked the newrst HG bersion and the option to clone a program is still there so you could clone tje smart-emailer and work from that just rename the clone to avoid confusion.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Find extra info @ My forum

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.