Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Does ANYONE have X10 DS10' still working in HG?  (Read 4834 times)

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27
Re: Does ANYONE have X10 DS10' still working in HG?
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2020, 07:06:16 AM »

It should have read powerful not sensitive on my post.

mike

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2020, 12:45:32 PM »

not seeing any security devices real time top right of HG screen.  Used to when they worked.

security devices work with the security module just fine.  Thought I could see them in AHP but they do not show in F2 monitor mode;  regular codes like C7 show up...  But that may be due to the Juicemen copy does not 'register' the add on modules (OnAlert IIC required for security).   So I tried to add a new DS10 and it is not in the list of AHP - again due to the non registered AHP cc.  I have all my codes from when I bought all those add ons but can't use them I guess.  But looking back in time on F2 window from last time I played with it trying to solve this, I see DS10's ARE reporting in (see ds10.jpg).   Cannot get KR10a to talk to AHP either...  now even that workshop door is not seen in F2 monitor window... 

All DS10 sensors are within 6 ft of the security module and cm15a (I had to hard wire the switches on every door back to this central location years ago to make them reliable). 

idea:  send DISARM api code from HG that works and see if AHP shows it in monitor F2 window:  no can do - will need to set up second cm15, one hooked to HG, one hooked to AHP to do that.  Not in cards right now.

But HG api sends ARM/DISARM code via cm15a just fine...   just no receiving.   Stymied in Dayton.

mike

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2020, 12:49:05 PM »

This give any clue?  I can send DISARM via api in browser while watching HG in other browser:  api command goes thru, triggers security module normally but HG never shows sending the code out (top right pop up)?

mike

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2020, 12:52:14 PM »

Actually, the transmitted power of EU RF devices is about 10x that of N. American devices so EU receivers have less need for sensitivity.

Interesting comment since my various DJI drones have a US/Europe switch to stay legal.  I believe too from other amateur radio sources I have seen confirmation that EU power levels are much less than US legal levels.  So that sounds backwards?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2020, 01:07:17 PM »

Tuicemen's' AHP Life Guard program does add On Alert to an unregistered copy of AHP.
Mine has ON Alert in it.

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2020, 01:53:39 PM »

Actually, the transmitted power of EU RF devices is about 10x that of N. American devices so EU receivers have less need for sensitivity.

Interesting comment since my various DJI drones have a US/Europe switch to stay legal.  I believe too from other amateur radio sources I have seen confirmation that EU power levels are much less than US legal levels.  So that sounds backwards?

Mike my comment should have read that that the RX/TX module in the EU CM15 is much more powerful. Just to clarify this.

mike

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2020, 01:57:55 PM »

I have many things that have gone south over the last year it turns out...   Took my spare cm15a to workshop, and on THAT computer Juicemen's registration showed for the add ons!  And it worked, lete me add a DS10 and it read it and showed it open/close!  So back to office computer with the pi/cm15 with the spare cm15a, plugged into HG and AHA!  I HAVE SECURITY MODULES REPORTING!  And even the preprogrammed ones are working again!  Hallelujah! 

So I had one cm15a stop receiving security RF (altho it has been sending via HG api all this time)  & one AHP install not having Juicemen's registrations.  I will reinstall that AHP soon. 

I now have upto date Buster/HG, a nice 8GB image of its SD card, working AHP for testing.  Getting ,much happier!  Thanks everyone for your help!

mike

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2020, 01:59:05 PM »

Mike my comment should have read that that the RX/TX module in the EU CM15 is much more powerful. Just to clarify this.

That is how I read it.  Still backwards from what I always thought. 

mike

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2020, 02:09:56 PM »

That is how I read it.  Still backwards from what I always thought.

Typical comparisons on wifi freqs:

"In the US, all kinds of 2G4 SS can have 100mW output.
In most of Europe, according to EN 300 328, DSSS systems (Spektrum, XPS) can only have 10mW/MHz, while FHSS systems (Futaba, Nomadio) can have 100mW/MHz."

"At concludly from all the answer, the max power of the base station is 43-50dbm, while the UE should not be more than 20 db"

Not sure that the EU limits unlicensed power at 300Mhz more than our FCC...   As a ham, I have always thought the max unlicensed power at 300Mhz was 100mw, and that EU had typically 1/2 or 1/3 our max unlicensed power limits.

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2020, 02:11:23 PM »

Mike, as I suggested previously, to rule out anything that might be conflicting with with your X10 security sensors operation with HG, I highly recommend you install a vanilla version of Raspbian Buster and HG. It only takes 45 minutes from formatting an SD card to having a working vanilla version of HG. All you then have to do is enable X10 in HG and start enrolling your X10 security sensors.

I've no idea what is installed on that Tuicemen image therefore it's impossible to know what could be causing a conflict. I'm not even sure you have a correct version of the XTenLib drivers installed in HG. This could account for the TX but no RX showing up in the RF. but not knowing what's installed its impossible to troubleshoot.

What I can confirm is that with a fully updated version of Raspbian Buster and HG 1.3 Stable v19 the X10 security sensors RX and TX are working fine.

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2020, 03:11:28 PM »

As a test create a new switch module, enable the remote control option then using the little eye put it into receive mode and keep triggering your X10 security sensor and see if it picks up a valid read. Locate the sensor as close to your controller as possible when doing this. If you get a read you can assume the RF RX is working between your sensor, your CM15 and HG.

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2020, 04:11:35 PM »

In case you’re in any doubt here’s the raw X10 lib drivers code. As you can see RF Security Receive function is supported in the driver https://github.com/genielabs/x10-lib-dotnet

mike

« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2020, 04:17:13 PM »

Thank you for all you helpfull comments Peter.  I am beyond figuring out WHERE the failure occurred:  I discovered it and posted that it was a defective CM15a unit.  Replacing it solved everything associated with HG.  If I had done that back a week ago I would have saved making a whole new SD card, replacing HG, trying to remove HA-bridge that had no issues, etc.  I would have saved myself about 12 hours of messing around with this.  I cannot undertand how a cm15a unit can receive non-security RF fine but refuse to receive security RF;  that boggles my mind - like the cm15a internal EEPROM with its firmware got corrupted by a powerline spike or lightning strike.

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2020, 04:47:25 PM »

Yes and saved me some time tapping on the keyboard  :'

I’ve never used it before but surely AHP is your de facto test tool when checking the integrity of an X10 controller. Using that and a second CM15 controller for swapping in/out purposes would have nailed that problem very quickly.

Just so everyone is clear the RF TX/RX between X10 security sensors-CM15-HG works correctly. The X10Lib Dotnet drivers in HG look after all this.
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.