Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 'Smart Lights' program #145  (Read 2758 times)

mike

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
'Smart Lights' program #145
« on: November 21, 2020, 02:35:26 PM »

I would like to use this with sensors but cannot figure out what format is wanted for the sensor name to enter into the field "Controlled by motion sensor (optional)"

Anyone know how to identify a sensor here?  For instance, I would like to use an X10 Eagle eye on B6?

bkenobi

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 24
Re: 'Smart Lights' program #145
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2021, 10:27:42 AM »

I use the Advanced Smart Lights code I wrote which is based on the Smart Lights code you are using.  In my code, you use the name you give the module as the sensor name in the entry box.  So if you call the sensor "front motion detector" you would enter that into the dialog.

In my code, I assumed there might be more than one sensor and wanted to have each with its own name so it looks at the first part of the name of the sensor.  IOW, if you have "front motion sensor 1" and "front motion sensor 2" you can just put "front motion sensor" and it will use both.

mike

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2021, 04:46:18 PM »

WOW!  It happened!  Yes, I have had a few times in the past when a code seemed to be sent over and over and over, but I attributed it to my XTBR repeater;  unplugging it, then plugging it back in seemed to solve the constant repeats... 

Last night, I got a B5 ON coming constantly.  If I sent a B5 OFF via HG it would turn off, then a few seconds later back on!  Every time I send a B5 OFF, B6 turned ON!  So a ratchet I had no control over.  I finally had to unplug all the B5 lights for the night. 

This morning I took batts out of the two B5 Eagle eye sensors and replugged in the lights and no repeats...  Batteries into one of them and back to B5 ON commmands for no reason - but not every 100msec, but every few minutes.  Batteries out and it stopped again. 

I need to look up instructions on eagle eye and see if it is one that rachets next higher code for day/night - I had some of those units and had to take them apart and tape over the daylight sensor...

No time to find the issue so just leaving the sensors without batteries for now. 

But I wanted to let you know your cmment about motion sensors sending ON over and over has finally happened here too!  I turned on HG log and could see it  listing 'ignoring multiple identical commands less than 150msec apart.'  Wow.  Something went south!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2021, 06:27:16 PM »

I need to look up instructions on eagle eye and see if it is one that rachets next higher code for day/night -
All of them do. On some models (M16 I think) you can stop it by doing a dance on the UNIT and HOUSE buttons. Otherwise it is black tape time.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

bkenobi

• PI Expert
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2021, 07:58:15 PM »

On the MS16A's that I use, they dont send ON/OFF for day/night by default. It can be set that way if desired. However, that is the only standard motion sensor that works that way.  All others send the day/night and it cant be disabled.

mike

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2021, 03:46:05 PM »

So My eagle eye MS14 began again turning on for no reason...  taped off the light sensor in another MS14, replaced with it, and it is working properly again.  No code+1 action and no random on's

Thanks all.

bkenobi

• PI Expert
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2021, 04:29:34 PM »

You may already have this info, but the following are links to the x10 wiki for the EagleEye (MS14A) and ActiveEye (MS16A) motion sensors.  The MS14A has dusk/dawn detection that triggers on unit code +1.  The MS16A has the same feature that can be enabled but is disabled by default.  I know I mentioned it, I'm just posting the links to be pedantic.

http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Eagle_Eye_Motion_Sensor_Setup
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Active_Eye_Motion_Sensor_Setup

If you don't want the feature and your motion sensors are not MS16A, you will need to block the photocell as you have mentioned.  If you don't, it will always trigger for dawn/dusk detection.

mike

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2021, 04:31:47 PM »

yep.  I keep all my x10 instruction sheets in a manilla folder & computer folder too!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.