Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How to check clock time on CM15A and X10 WiFi  (Read 4374 times)

smatofu

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
Re: How to check clock time on CM15A and X10 WiFi
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2021, 04:07:48 PM »

I now have all my wifi devices setup in my router with a IP reservation.

Same here! :) Unbelievable how long the list is... :) I haven't reached the 250 subnet limit yet, but it is imaginable :)

IPS

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2021, 04:57:03 PM »

For about two months now, I have a problem with WM100. Problem is that every few days my iPhone and iPad can not connect to X10 Wi-Fi. I try to scan the label and it down loads info  may be 5-6% and disconnects and then next timemay be  20-30% and stops. Every time i rescan the label, i have to unplug and re-plug. Now for almost a week I can't connect my iPhone.
What was happening is that after few days the light on the app window would turn red and stay red. then I would re install X10 wifi. And that seems to be a big mistake. Now I just forget about it for some time and it reconnects and start working by itself. Wish I had learnt this before erasing the app from iPhone.
Could not get any help from X10 company.
I need WM100 for timers. I am using smartenit P2 and 2612U but am not able to work with the timers and macros. BRUCE has been of great help. I still need to get the timers working and then I will get rid of X10wifi.

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2021, 05:36:22 PM »

What problems are you having setting up the timers in the P2?   If you need help,  I can set some up as an example and you can do the rest.  You can PM me your Smartenit account info and then I can access it through the web portal to get you started.

Here are the basic instructions:

Create X10 devices by doing the following-
1. Click the Green + in the upper right hand corner of the Dashboard;
2. Select 'Devices'
3. Select 'Switches/Outlets'
4. Scroll down and select either 'X10 Appliance Modules' or ' X10 Dimmers' which are the only two options for X10 devices.  Ignore all the others.  Use 'Appliance Modules' for X10 motion sensors (NOT security sensors).
5. Click 'Add Now'
6. Enter the name you'd like to call it, a House Code Letter and a Unit Code number where indicated and Click 'Save.'

Now for the timers-
1. Click the Green + in the upper right hand corner;
2. Select 'Automation Rules'
3. Enter a 'Rule Name' i.e., Porch Light;
4. Select 'ALL' or 'ANY' conditions in the When box.  ALL is used if more than one condition needs to be true.  ANY is selected if just one condition needs to be true.  In other systems ALL would be like AND and ANY would be like OR.
5. Tap the green + and select the condition (scroll right to see them all) fill in the appropriate prompts and click 'SAVE'
6. Now do the same for the THEN box and 'SAVE' and you have your timer.

As an example, here's how The MS16A on the front porch sends me an email and a notification when motion is detected:
The 'Porch Indicator' is the motion detector name.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 05:38:45 PM by brobin »

smatofu

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2021, 06:51:53 PM »

A static IP and reserved IP aren't the same.
A static IP means the WM100 will only connect to your router with that ip.  If it goes off line your router could hand that IP to another device thus your WM100 wouldn't reconnect as the IP would be in use.
 A reserved IP means the router will only hand that IP to the WM100 it will never hand that IP to another device even if your wm100 is off line for a month or more.

This doesn't mean your WM100 may not still need a power cycling but I've never had to do that for any of mine. I have noticed a time sync being required every so often when I connect to them with the phone but the time is no usually off by more then a few mins

Tuicemen,

Your mistake was using a static IP address that was within DHCP address range. Other than that, I don't see any problem with static addresses.

For example, if your DHCP address range is 1-100. then you should use addresses between 101-255 for static.

Having said that, I also reserve addresses on the router. It is called MAC Address - IP biding on my router. (in essence, it is a static IP address defined by the router instead of defining it on the device) .

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2021, 08:40:28 PM »

Tuicemen,

Your mistake was using a static IP address that was within DHCP address range. Other than that, I don't see any problem with static addresses.

For example, if your DHCP address range is 1-100. then you should use addresses between 101-255 for static.

Having said that, I also reserve addresses on the router. It is called MAC Address - IP biding on my router. (in essence, it is a static IP address defined by the router instead of defining it on the device) .
Your probably right I don't remember which range things were in, just that the IP Reservation (mac binding which would be a more precise definition) fix things. I wish routers would all use the same terms (naming of options) ::) :'
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

IPS

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2021, 12:19:58 PM »

Thanks brobin. I have ms 14A and it seems to work with P2. Turns on light and send a email too. I don’t have MS16A.

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2021, 12:28:35 PM »

The MS16A is essentially the same as the MS14A but better suited for outdoor use.
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.