Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: X10 reliability is always at risk  (Read 3430 times)

bkenobi

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 24
Re: X10 reliability is always at risk
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2022, 05:09:51 PM »

I swapped back to the original X10 version and the lights all work as expected.  I'll pull the resistors and diodes off to test them I suppose since I like to know why things die, but they are fairly cheap so I'll either keep the installed unit or pick up a new one.  Repair is not really worth the effort at $8 shipped.

bkenobi

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 24
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2022, 06:50:59 PM »

I ordered a new Leviton switch plate but they sent the wrong unit (3 ON/OFF + dimmer).  I just got a replacement shipped and installed it.  Apparently I was not aware when ordering, but this unit is a SCENE controller rather than a module type controller.  I've never used scenes so I'm not sure if there is a way to make this unit work or not.  If not, I'll send it to the box of spare parts and keep the X10 module.  It's more of a nice to have rather than anything else as the LED's indicate what modules are on.  The scene controller only illuminates the most recent command so I guess it won't work for me regardless.

toasterking

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
  • We adore chaos because we love to produce order.
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2022, 09:43:44 PM »

IIRC, the XPT can be either a scene controller or an ON/OFF controller based on the wiring in the keypad.  I'm fairly certain that one of my past projects included purchasing a Leviton scene-controlling keypad with LEDs and modifying it to be some odd combination of ON/OFF and dimming (and maybe ALL UNITS ON/OFF) keys that did not exist as a shipping product, and it worked.  I no longer have the details, but there was either a diode added/omitted, the common side was tied back to a different pin, or something like that.
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.