Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: A Big Box of X-10, what to do with it? Anyone want it?  (Read 1919 times)

jeffw_00

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
A Big Box of X-10, what to do with it? Anyone want it?
« on: February 21, 2021, 01:50:01 PM »

Hi - I'm new to this board, but I've been doing X10 since the '80s (when David Rye did his own tech. support :-)).  In the 90's and aughts I wrote articles for Popular Home Automation, Home Automation, and Electronic House.  Around 2006 I started transitioning my home to Insteon and completed the transition a few years later.  Since then, all my X-10 gear, which was functioning nicely when I stopped using it, has been sitting in a box in my dry cool basement.   I could put it all on eBay but I thought I would post here first to see if anyone wanted to make an offer.  I'm not interested in selling/shipping piecemeal, just the whole bundle, or perhaps large sub-pieces (at least several items).      If you're interested drop me a note at sellx10 -at- kwcpa -dot- com.  Keep in mind the whole lot is ~20lbs and I will quote you UPS shipping, so please provide your zip code. 

Or - if you have suggestions as to what to do with it, I'm listening!  Thanks!
/j

Includes:
16 3-prong appliance modules
6 2-prong appliance modules
4 lamp modules
5 light-switch modules
1 outlet module
1 sounder/actuator module
1 CM11A
6 16-key controllers, 2 with covers (also 3 broken-hinge covers if they're of use to anyone)
2 4 -key controllers
1 telephone responder with remote
1 passive coupler
1 motion sensor
1 programmable clock controller

PS - apparently I can't attach the Photo (or if there is a way please clue me in) nor can I post external links.  So the photo is at
www  DOT  kwcpa  DOT  com SLASH X10 SLASH X10 DOT jpg.    Sorry!

Contact me at x10@kwcpa.com

« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 03:16:15 PM by jeffw_00 »

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
Re: A Big Box of X-10, what to do with it? Anyone want it?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2021, 01:57:12 PM »

FYI, www.kwcpa.com/x10/x10.jpg not working.  You might try posting to tinyupload.com.

jeffw_00

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2021, 02:53:26 PM »

My bad - it's case sensitive - need the capital "X" before the 10.  I updated the original post.  (I also tried tinyupload, but that creates an even longer more indecipherable link that I still can't post :-( )
« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 02:56:26 PM by jeffw_00 »

brobin

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2021, 03:59:33 PM »

Here's the photo for all to see:

jeffw_00

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2021, 05:59:48 PM »

Thx!   BTW - I suppose if someone wants several items I could be convinced to break it up, I just don't want to have to put together more than 3 or 4 packages for the whole things - selling one item at a time is more than I have time for.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 06:02:07 PM by jeffw_00 »

LostDog88

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2021, 06:03:15 PM »

If you change your mind and one of those black 16 button controllers works.

I would be happy to pay for it and shipping.

:-)

The one I got off of ebay doesn't work. :-(

jeffw_00

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2021, 03:15:53 PM »

LostDog88 - not worth my effort to wrap up and ship one unless you want to pay like $20+ shipping.  if interested contact me at x10@kwcpa.com

bevhoward

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2021, 11:45:55 PM »

I, also, have been an X10 fanatic since the 70's and have a huge investment in X10 devices, but, the past few years have been increasingly difficult for X10 with issues such as the platform's slow death, increasing component costs, very little innovation, increasing AC line noise from LED lighting and other tech devices such as our new heat pump.

I finally started investigating alternatives about 3 months ago and been surprised by one brand of wifi lighting and switches.  I was anticipating many problems including computer security, but have been gratified with equipment that works reliably both locally and remotely.

Anyone else in the same boat?  I have learned a lot over those three months and now have almost 30 devices in two locations 2,500 miles apart meeting needs that I had been slowly loosing with X10 and would really like to both share and learn from other's similar ventures.

Beverly Howard

brobin

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2021, 12:09:26 AM »

Long time no hear!  Which brand have you had good luck with?  I still use a number of X10 devices but have played around with some of the WiFi devices too.  I've found TP Link's products to be pretty much trouble free and I like the fact that they're a mainstream company.  What are you using?

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.