Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Unplugging Active Home Module and taking it elsewhere  (Read 3300 times)

iceclimb

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Unplugging Active Home Module and taking it elsewhere
« on: September 15, 2006, 09:46:11 PM »

HI All...

Have sort of a strange one I hope you can help with.

I've got an art installation that I need to trigger to run 1 second of every 2 minutes.

I have a macro that triggers correctly when it's on the computer, and can be triggered by a "timer" if needed. When I download the commands to the interface it runs fine, and repeats forever.

HOwever, I need to do that here on my computer, then unplug the interface and take it about 30 minutes away, and want to plug it in and have it still runing.  As soon as I unplug the unit and move it, even to a different outlet in the same room, all macro's stop.

I tried to create a timer that would run about 5 minutes later and trigger it, but that never triggered eitehr.

Any ideas?  Thanks...

Oh yeah.. how long can I expect the batteries to last?

Thanks again,

Rob

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: Unplugging Active Home Module and taking it elsewhere
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006, 12:31:59 PM »

What triggers the macro to begin with? Sounds like you need to retrigger the macro when you plug CM15A in at new location.... or put your trigger on the monitored HC so CM15A will remember the trigger state when unplugged.

The batteries only maintain the real time clock in the CM15A (and the states of the monitored HC) I believe everything else stops with loss of power. If your trigger is not on the monitored house code, the macro will not automatically restart since the trigger is no longer present.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.