Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Trying to install remotes on ahp  (Read 4048 times)

Stanleym

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Trying to install remotes on ahp
« on: February 20, 2008, 01:40:18 AM »

Hi  the experts here was great helping me solve my first problem. Now I need your help again to install my remotes on ahp this is what happens.
1. I install the sh624 is takes with no problem (Configuration Complete)
2. Then I try to install the keychain the Kr10a and I get an error message
saying the the code for the sh624 is already installed, but I'm trying to install a new remote, and I'm tyring to do it with the rest of my remotes, so to sum it up it only lets me install one remote, and advice would be a great deal thank you in advance

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: Trying to install remotes on ahp
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 09:57:56 AM »

When installing security devices into AHP/OnAlert, you have to make sure no other security device sends a signal before you make the intended device send its signal.

For example, if you are installing security remotes and you are sitting in an area where a MS10A motion sensor can detect you, most likely you will get the incorrect signal being registered for your device.

When you run into a problem like this, you are better off unregistering the security device that says it is already install because chances are it is incorrect. But do keep in mind that there is a 1 in 64K chance that two devices have chosen the same security code; so if all else fails, reset one of them.

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 10:16:46 AM »

...there is a 1 in 64K chance that two devices have chosen the same security code...
Factoring Murphy into the equation and the the chance that a ship with an infinite improbability drive is passing by and you now have almost a 100% chance that two devices have chosen the same security code.  :)
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

Stanleym

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 10:47:55 AM »

Thanks for the the reply so if I re-register it will help me install my remotes

PajamaGuy

• Helpful Post Rating: 32
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 11:01:32 AM »

One other note - You are limited to the number of remote installs - I think it's 8.  Sometimes trying the same one more than once eats two slots.  I just had to re-install everything on my DS7000 (unplug, pull the battery, have a beer, battery back in, etc) - 4-keychains and 2 Security remotes - plus 4 Motion Sensors and 2 door/window sensors.

turning all the motion sensors to the wall first helped alot.

(Just for info - my symptom of having all 8 slots taken was when a Security Remote would only control lights & not arm/disarm - even though I got the beeps when I tried to install)

PajamaGuy
Win-7 - Dell XPS -Automation
VA12a on a dedicated desktop - Video
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

Remote via LogMeIn (FREE) and Ignition

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2008, 11:54:19 AM »

One other note - You are limited to the number of remote installs - I think it's 8. 

This does not apply when installing security remotes in AHP/OnAlert; only when installing to the DS7000.

The limit in AHP/OnAlert is the available 256 X10 addresses; each security device uses one.

Stanleym

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2008, 07:40:15 AM »

You Guys are the best!!! I was able to program the remotes thank you very much

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.