Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AHP dialer...questions  (Read 10853 times)

akwebb

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
AHP dialer...questions
« on: January 28, 2009, 07:30:04 PM »

Ok, I'm completely new to this and have tried to search and sort, but I don't think I'm finding what I need.  I have a security setup with the ds7000, as well as AHP with all the plugins.  I'm running MagicJack on my computer as well as my home phone and it will not interface with my DS7000 (keeps dialing 0).  I thought I would be able to automate that function with AHP, but I don't think I've found anything that will work with MagicJack (it's like a VOIP service, connects through usb and has an interface on the computer as well as being able to hook it up to a standard phone).  Can anyone tell me if the AlertDialer or X10Dispatcher will be able to dial out through MagicJack?  Thanks for any help.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: AHP dialer...questions
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 07:36:22 PM »

Give AlertDialer A try! ;)
X10dispatcher has no dialing capabilities on it's own! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

akwebb

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 07:23:01 PM »

AutoDialer doesn't support dialing through the usb com port(I don't have a modem on my comp).  I thought that X10DIspatcher was going to work, as it has a plugin for external apps.  The problem with that is what ever way that MagicJack is programmed, when I try to get the button address for the proper dialing functions in dispatcher, I only get a generic control address for most functions.  So deadend there! 

Now I've been trying to get the email function to work within AHP and I thought it would be an easy macro...nope.  After I ran into issues with it not emailing, I came here and searched and found that you have to jump through a bunch of hoops to get that to work too.  SHEESH >*<

Does anyone have any other suggestions to get things to 1. Email working, 2. Phone Dialer working?  I have all the plugins for AHP if that makes a difference.  I'm going to continue to work on this a bit more before giving up on integrating anything. 

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 08:10:29 PM »

Would it be possible for you to try using your Internet connection to simply text or email your cell phone?
Home Automation is an always changing technology

akwebb

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 04:25:58 PM »

Can you expand on that?  How do you mean use my internet connection? 

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2009, 06:15:23 PM »

...  I'm running MagicJack on my computer

Can you expand on that?  How do you mean use my internet connection? 

Since your "running MagicJack" I assumed you have a broadband connection.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

akwebb

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2009, 11:00:23 AM »

Yes, I have a broadband connection, routed through a wireless router.  I don't have any problem sending emails through outlook or web-based email.  I haven't had a chance to go back and go over things again.  I just wasn't understanding your question of can you send a simple text or email.  I thought you may have some specific method.  I have not been able to get the email function in AHP to send any email using transmission method- smtp, x10 portal or the auto feature.  When you set the "my email address" in MyHouse, this is exactly what it means, the email address I am sending it from (ie:  myemail@gmail.com)?

JMac

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2009, 02:31:55 PM »

You can bypass the MyHouse messaging by using the AHP Windows Command box to execute a bat file to send a message.  An OnAlert procedure..........

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2009, 07:54:00 PM »

If you use JMac's suggestion be sure to do the work around for the AHP windows command bug
you'd hate to miss an important message! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.